Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do I have a Problem or Not >

Do I have a Problem or Not

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do I have a Problem or Not

Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Do I have a Problem or Not

I went on yesterday morning for the opening day of bow season here in NC. I saw seven deer but none came close enough to get a shot at. They came over the hill like something had spooked them before they could make their way down to where I was. Regardless of what happened I was more concerned with this picture when I got back home. I walked by my trail camera on my way in and this is the picture it took of me. I am wearing mossyoak new break up from head to toe. My facemask and pants and boots seem to have no pattern at all in the picture with the infared flash. My question is, how is my camo going to appear to the deer if it is appearing like this in the infared camera? Any help would be great. Oh and the camo is not faded at all. The pants are apx ripstop material and look brand new and the facemask is spandex type material and is brand new. Once again thanks for any advice you have to give.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mossy Oak has a tendency to do that in night shot on cameras. I've seen it here, I've seen it on TV and I've seen it personally in my video camera when it's on night shot. Deer do not see like the night shot of our cameras.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Spike

I am just curious about this though. If my pants washed out then why would the shirt not too. Is it the difference in the quality of the print or could it just be the material it is made of itself. Rob I am in no way questioning whether your are right because I believe you I am just wondering if you have any idea what might cause it. Thanks Rob for the response.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by sdprice1
I am just curious about this though. If my pants washed out then why would the shirt not too. Is it the difference in the quality of the print or could it just be the material it is made of itself. Rob I am in no way questioning whether your are right because I believe you I am just wondering if you have any idea what might cause it. Thanks Rob for the response.
I don't take it that you're questioning me. Hell I'm no material expert. LOL.

I've seen it happen with certain materials just like your experiencing. Like Fleece, it seems to wash out in night shot, any of your garments fleece?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Spike

Nope the pants were ripstop and now that I think about it I had a mesh mask over my spandex mask to keep a few of the skeeters away and I bet that could was out. Looks like the sling on my bow is washed out to and it is a different type of material too. The only thing cotton was the shirt and well the underwear I had one but thank God we cant see that in the picture. Thanks for the help Rob, Much appreciated.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

How strange, never seen that before. Looks like its time for someone to do some testing!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Spike

I think so to. That freaked me out when I saw the picture. My brother said "why the hell did you go in with white pants on". really kind of weird that it does that.