Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slick tricks...

Old 09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default slick tricks...

anyone shoot and/or test the new grizz tricks or razor tricks from slick trick yet???

i just seen they now offer them in 125gr....been waiting for that!!!

now which one to choose....

any comments? thoughts? opinions? etc.....love to hear them!! i think i'll be shooting one of them this season if i can find them in 125gr and can get them within the next 2-3 weeks...
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot the Grizz into my target, and they fly amazing, like the others. Can't wait to try them out on deer. Hopefully I can report on OCt 1.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

man....post been up a WHILE and only 1 response...i been away a while...either this place is SLOW or noone really shot these suckers yet...

i might order a pack of each...but not real keen on the screw in the razor tricks....maybe i'll just go with 2 packs of grizztricks...hmmmm

got no concerns about flight...i can tune a 3 blade muzzy and ive read many times that muzzys are some of the hardest fixed heads to get good n tuned...

im excited to try a 4 blade head...that sucker aughta punch a hole like a slug...

heck, im pumped to know i'll be in a tree stand as much as i'll miss the beach im leaving...win some ya loose some..

cant remember if i need arrows or not....im gunna be runnin around like a chicken with its head cut off when i get home...but i'll be in a tree a week or 2 into the season after i get my gear straight n bow n myself tuned up..
Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I been shooting ST 100gr for some time. I want to use the grizz tricks this year. I seen a pack the other day at the shop and they look nice. I had the shop order me some. They have more of a chissel point. Slick Tricks are a great head!! You can't go wrong! Good Luck!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey mauser you are alive!

Can't help ya. I don't shoot those.

I believe Germ was a fan of the grizz tricks last season.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the 100 grain Grizz Tricks last year with Awesome reults. This year I have 125 grain Grizz Tricks loaded and ready to go.
I have all the Trick models in stock and ship within 24 hours as always Free shipping.

Dan
Old 09-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

well....im shootin 125gr grizz tricks this season!!! im pretty pumped...they gotta punch a nasty hole...hopefully i get to spill some blood with them!!!

meanv....you have an order
Old 09-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mauser06
well....im shootin 125gr grizz tricks this season!!! im pretty pumped...they gotta punch a nasty hole...hopefully i get to spill some blood with them!!!

meanv....you have an order
I appreciate it! I always do my best to ship items ASAP and keep my prices as competetive as possible.

Thanks!!

Dan
Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

i found some for like 21$ or something...but i figured it was too good to be true as ST themselves sale them at about the same price as you...

the free shipping sucked me in and i rather buy from a fellow member and small shop rather than a big chain when i can help it..

dont worry about rushing them....as long as they are to the shipping address before the 30th, thats fine by me! after the 30th i wont be at that addy...and i'll be home the 1st ready to shoot these mean lookin suckers!!

still waiting for you to come up with a front mount for us hoyt shooters!!!! might have to suck it up and put an STS on the Reflex one day..
Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default grizz tricks...updated

well, got my grizz tricks in today...

all i can say is WOW...ive seen alot of broadheads...heck ive shot a handful of different heads in the backyard...im not a super expirienced bowhunter by any means...but was looking for something that i felt very confident in being durable and consistant and reliable..but at the same time actually put a GOOD sized hole in something...i absolutely have to have confidence in my broadhead...i cant gain confidence in any mechanical...and anything with a screw in it...that leaves me with 1 piece heads or fixed heads like muzzy and others...

shot muzzys and they were alright...did their job..but didnt like the thin blades and alumanum ferrule so i kept looking...i didnt think id like slick tricks because i shot some rocky mountain premiers that had that metal ring that locked the blades in and i seen ST used a ring and didnt look any farther...wish i would have...the premiers just turned me off anything with a metal ring quick because i had blades blowing off hitting foam...

after putting my grizz tricks together all i can say is W O W...

blades are scary sharp...

blades are right about double as thick as muzzys...

ferrule seems like it'll be a tank..

really nice profile...blade angle isnt super bad..but a pretty short head which definently helps flight...

they plain out LOOK nasty...4 blade 1 1/4" hole is going to be nasty...

the locking system is awesome...replacable blades(i rather replace than sharpen) but yet they actually lock and are really hard to finangle out with your hands let alone having them fall out or come loose...

i cant wait to get home n shoot them....i have a feeling im going to be very happy with them...