Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
No let off WHY???? >

No let off WHY????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No let off WHY????

Old 09-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default No let off WHY????

A buddy of mine has an AR bow and for some reason it seams like it doesnt have any let off any more. What could cause this? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Fork Horn

B t t t .
Old 09-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the bow has draw stops, then this could prevent the let-off from occurring. Has he changed any settings?

This is difficult to diagnose over the internet. Has your friend searched the internet/owner's manual/local shop? Or, called the manufacturer?
Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have an AR 31 and noticed the same thing. I found out that my cams were out of time. Make sure his cables line up with the serial number on the cam. The cable should cover the number if the bow is laying flat. If they are not send him to his pro shop and have them adjust the the timing. This being said AR's still do not have that great of a valley, they want to creep but if the bow is set at the correct draw length and everthing is tuned and in time he should notice a big difference.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rookie51
I have an AR 31 and noticed the same thing. I found out that my cams were out of time. Make sure his cables line up with the serial number on the cam. The cable should cover the number if the bow is laying flat. If they are not send him to his pro shop and have them adjust the the timing. This being said AR's still do not have that great of a valley, they want to creep but if the bow is set at the correct draw length and everthing is tuned and in time he should notice a big difference.
Thank You this is exactly what bow he has as well we will check that. And again thank you!