Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
OK guys, especially family men.... >

OK guys, especially family men....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK guys, especially family men....

Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default OK guys, especially family men....

Lets try and buckle up in the stands this year. I have been stubborn the past two years, but after an incident last bowseason, and spending the nights in the woods, I realize it COULD happen, and what it did to my wife and daughter. I want to hunt agin next year, especially to continue hunting.

Please think about the people who love you, not the inconvenience of simply tying off on a tether that takes 1 minute.

Best of luck and definately be safe doing it!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default don't let your next hunt be your last.

Good post.

Too many good hunters have been injured or died by falling from a tree stand. Buckle up and stay safe.

I've read too many stories of death and traumatic life altering injuries to even think about climbing into a stand without a safety harness.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Won't get in a stand without one that I feel secure with. I am very picky about what stands I use, I guess thats why I like ladder stands. Thing is I am not afraid of heights, just falling...
Old 09-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Typical Buck

Amen brother! It's not a macho thing to or not to wear one. For me it's like this.

I'm not afraid of heights, but I don't climb stuff for fun.
At 250 pounds I figure i'd reach terminal velocity pretty quick.
The sudden stop at the end wont agree with me very well.

buckle up or tie off. You owe it to someone besides yourself.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Fork Horn

XXXX post. I never get in my stand with out being hooked up. Just not worth it. If it makes it so I cant shoot in one position, oh well, my life is more important to me and my family that to get that one deer.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

yep, I fell in 01. Editor in Chief of Deer and Deer Hunting said he may use my write up on it in the future. I was a hurtin boy. I just added safety lines to all of my stands. Just clip in, and go. Man, that was worth the $80 in rope, I'll tell you what.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep I agree I hated full body harness's for years I would wear the waist straps but two years ago I had to wear the full body harness for filming or we couldn't film and now I wouldn't go up without one on.. All that they get in way is bulls#it they don't save your life and wear it!!!! If not for you then for someone that matters!!Walt
Old 09-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Great Post and Good Reminder to buckle up when your out there... its a simple thing to do that many hunters neglecked and eventually can come around to bite you in the butt....I know there have been times where I was like...AHHHH I can get away with this one time, and then two times, or three until you have an accident... be safe out there guys and gals
Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm amazed that we even need posts like this. I have friends that still don't wear them and I just don't get it. I will not sit in a tree if I'm now tied off somehow.

Good luck to everyone this fall and be safe.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always worn a full body harness, but this year I added lifelines to all my lock ons. I am hooked up to something the second I leave the ground, while sitting in stand and again while descending the tree at the end of the day. Never can be to safe IMO.

Shane