Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rank Beginner!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take your time, and squeeze.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Practice, practice, practice. When your form comes to you automatically after you draw your bow you shouldn't have any problems. Always take a few real life practice shots as well, sitting, kneeling, and any other way you may have to shoot. If your hunting from a treestand then practice from an elevated spot. Pay attention to where you anchor at full draw and stay consistant. It don't matter if you have the best land in the world to hunt, if you can't make the shot.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Where in Florida are you located?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Spike

be mindful that deer will change their patterns with the changing of the seasons...find some good mast crops (acorns, persimmons, apples) for early season then after the first frost you can start focusing more on grasses and such things...hunting WMA's can be tough but it can also be like hunting private land...you jus have to find a "honey hole"...alot of WMA's dont plant food plots...thats ok cuz the deer still have to eat you jus gotta find out wat that is...do you know if your DNR plants food plots at the WMA you plan to hunt?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Snook384
Where in Florida are you located?
I'm just North of Lakeland and plan to hunt in Green Swamp and Crooms.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Bandit - I'm also a FL hunter. I like to shoot a dozen or so arrows every evening from different angles & then walk away until the next day. I find if I shoot a lot at one time I get tired or something & I start scattering shots all over. FWIW I'm a finger shooter too with a Bear Blacktail Hunter purchased in 1979 from my uncle's hardware store. I recently added a tru-glo site & I'm shooting 4" groups from 10, 15 & 20 yards. Good enough to fill the freezer again I hope.