Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you ever pee... >

Do you ever pee...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you ever pee...

Old 09-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Spike

This past Spring while turkey hunting, me and my two hunting buddies where taking a snack break and sitting against some trees. I walk a couple yards off path to use the bathroom and hear one of my buddies start coughing to get my attention. As I am standing there relieving myself I look over my shoulder and see three does walking straight towards my at 15 yards. This is why I now believe that hunting is pure chance of being in the right place at the right time.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
That very well may be why that deer turned inside out when he got down wind of my pee.

I don't eat asparagus but my urine does smell exactly like coffee when I drink it and I drink it nearly every morning, including that one.

Maybe I should make some acorn rage corn bread during deer season.

Ha! Maybe thats an idea for a new scent control product, acorn infused water for pee attraction! Why the bad attitude toward asparagus?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
For all you nervous Nellie's who pee in a bottle; Do coyotes pee in a bottle? Do wolves? Any other predators pee in a bottle? If deer came unglued every time they encountered "predator pee", they would wear themselves to a frazzle! They couldn't go any where in the woods without being freaked out.
I get your arguement but the truth is people aren't in the woods every day with them. They know when people are in certain areas it means no good exspecially the older smart deer. I've seen deer in fields with coyotes at night so let me ask you have you ever seen a deer in a field with a person at night? No because people present a much bigger threat than coyotes. I'm sure a deer is on high alert when it comes across fresh coyote pee in the spring when she has a fawn near by. Same for people the deer know the times of years when they need to watch out for people in the woods. They could care less about people in the summer and spring months as you can walk across a field turkey huntin and they just watch you but when it comes to huntin season they won't look at you in that field for more than a couple seconds most of the time........ Also why put your scent at risk when you can just use doe urine instead to attract deer? Deer are always on alert when they know a predator has been recently in the area, heck deer are on alert almost their whole lives, they are a prey species and they know it. It just depends on the time and situation of it and how deer will react to it. They experience it every day, they know what the norm is, when a predator is at high risk or low risk, and big bucks don't get big by going and checking out every humans scent/pee. Is human scent worse, yes, but a fresh pee can't be far behind. WCL

Last edited by wingchaser_labs; 09-08-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've peed out of my stand for years and had plenty of during around after doing so. The only down side is the dribble on my boots.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

I read somewhere that testosterone is testosterone - deer can't tell the difference if it's human or animal, and a buck will feel challenged by it. I can't prove it - maybe this year I will have a chance to try it out. Just bought my first treestand - I've been a ground hunter until this year, and I'm NOT climbing all the way down just to wizz...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Spike

I do! I actually shot a doe after she walked right under my stand after I just went pee, she didn't even stop at it just kept going about another 10yds and I dropped her. So PEE away!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Spike

i did it and 10 mins later i had a buck walk by and it did not bother him
Old 09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had a problem with it.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
Whenever nature calls! Out of the bow stand and even in scrapes I'm running trail cams over. Obviously I don't think its a problem.
Remind me not to check out your trail cam pics
Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

I've peed out of my stand for years and had plenty of during around after doing so. The only down side is the dribble on my boots.
Ain't that the truth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.