HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever pee...
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 07:14 AM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
For all you nervous Nellie's who pee in a bottle; Do coyotes pee in a bottle? Do wolves? Any other predators pee in a bottle? If deer came unglued every time they encountered "predator pee", they would wear themselves to a frazzle! They couldn't go any where in the woods without being freaked out.
I get your arguement but the truth is people aren't in the woods every day with them. They know when people are in certain areas it means no good exspecially the older smart deer. I've seen deer in fields with coyotes at night so let me ask you have you ever seen a deer in a field with a person at night? No because people present a much bigger threat than coyotes. I'm sure a deer is on high alert when it comes across fresh coyote pee in the spring when she has a fawn near by. Same for people the deer know the times of years when they need to watch out for people in the woods. They could care less about people in the summer and spring months as you can walk across a field turkey huntin and they just watch you but when it comes to huntin season they won't look at you in that field for more than a couple seconds most of the time........ Also why put your scent at risk when you can just use doe urine instead to attract deer? Deer are always on alert when they know a predator has been recently in the area, heck deer are on alert almost their whole lives, they are a prey species and they know it. It just depends on the time and situation of it and how deer will react to it. They experience it every day, they know what the norm is, when a predator is at high risk or low risk, and big bucks don't get big by going and checking out every humans scent/pee. Is human scent worse, yes, but a fresh pee can't be far behind. WCL

Last edited by wingchaser_labs; 09-08-2009 at 07:19 AM.