HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/302229-archery-squirrels-fun.html)

dstubb 09-01-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3426511)
You boys have too much money for all those arrows.

I like using long bow with blunts and flu-flus.

Whats the matter dstubb, don't you like eating squirrel?

I think your missing the point here buddy. I actually do enjoy eating squirrels and have been know to shoot them myself. What i don't like is when dumb rednecks go out and kill things for the sake of killing, and just leave the animals to rot away in the woods. If you guy's are worried about over population, then why don't you start killing off people? There is this land owner next to my woods that is constantly running farm equipment, and at times i cannot hear the deer coming.

bigcountry 09-01-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3426518)
I think your missing the point here buddy. I actually do enjoy eating squirrels and have been know to shoot them myself. What i don't like is when dumb rednecks go out and kill things for the sake of killing, and just leave the animals to rot away in the woods. If you guy's are worried about over population, then why don't you start killing off people? There is this land owner next to my woods that is constantly running farm equipment, and at times i cannot hear the deer coming.

Well, first, I ain't ya buddy. Second, I never saw where they let em rot. Did they tell you this? I know when I ate a lot of squirrel, I could easily eat 50 squirrels in a year. I had a killer stew recipie that called for 10 squirrels.

It appears obviously you don't understand the point of hunting at all.

dstubb 09-01-2009 10:26 AM

Please be my friend bigcountry? :(

dstubb 09-01-2009 10:27 AM

Please fill me in on the point of hunting? Also why your at it, what is the meaning of life?

GMMAT 09-01-2009 10:32 AM

They were in season and it don't get much better than squirrel pot pie!!!!
Isn't this REALLY all you need to know?

I've met some of these guys. Rednecks? Well duh!...lol Aren't we all (to differing degrees)? I mean.....we DO wear camo and sit in trees for hours on end, every year.

Looks like fun. I'm gonna goose hunt with my bow, this fall. If I'm lucky enough to connect....you can bet your ass I'll post up the carnage.

Keep on keepin' on, boys.

BvrHunter 09-01-2009 10:39 AM

Is this a hunting forum or a whine festival????

brucelanthier 09-01-2009 10:40 AM

I will sometimes kill squirrels and use them as bait to hunt fox. Put one on the mulch pile by the woods every other evening and then, after a few evenings of that, set up and wait for the fox to come looking for dinner. I don't eat the fox either.

dstubb 09-01-2009 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by brucelanthier (Post 3426542)
I will sometimes kill squirrels and use them as bait to hunt fox. Put one on the mulch pile by the woods every other evening and then, after a few evenings of that, set up and wait for the fox to come looking for dinner. I don't eat the fox either.

That's fine and dandy, since you are giving the squirrel a purpose. I think too many hunters today have lost the appreciation and sense of sacredness for the animal. Too many ego driven and insecure billy bob's out there trying to showcase their manlyness.

BvrHunter 09-01-2009 11:45 AM

Dstubb I completety agree with you there should definitetly be an appreciation for all creatures! From the stalk and hunt, to the harvest, to the dinner plate!! Sad but true their are guys out there that give the sport we love a bad reputation by mowing down the first thing they see. Or killing as many as they can all for bragging rights. I don't agree with it and I'm sure not to many people here do either. It just seemed like you were quick to judge based off a few minutes of a video....thats all.... Just my two cents

GMMAT 09-01-2009 11:56 AM

That's fine and dandy, since you are giving the squirrel a purpose. I think too many hunters today have lost the appreciation and sense of sacredness for the animal. Too many ego driven and insecure billy bob's out there trying to showcase their manlyness.
Not only did they NOT say they left them lay.....but they told you they DID taste good.

Where in the world are you getting they didn't eat what they killed?

I've caught an assload of menhaden and fed (attempted to) them to other critters (kings). In the overall scheme of things.....this is what Bruce is doing. Is that unethical?