HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/302229-archery-squirrels-fun.html)

Hinkelmonster 08-31-2009 07:07 PM

Archery + Squirrels = FUN!!!!!

A short film with some archery squirrel hunts!!!!!

ENJOY

SQUIRRELAPALOOZA

The DVD trailer is middle of the page

and

SQUIRRELLAPALOOZA is all the way at the bottom!!!

dstubb 08-31-2009 07:52 PM

The link isn't working for me.

Hinkelmonster 08-31-2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3425985)
The link isn't working for me.

Sorry try it now!

or click here

http://www.teamoverkill.net/id2.html

JoeyG 08-31-2009 10:50 PM

Actually shooting squirrels gives you awesome practice shooting in a real hunting situation, and it is tons of fun. Do you think they are rednecks cause they hunt squirrels? A lot of people hunt and eat squirrel around here. I don't think you should assume they are not eating them.
BTW, I carry extra arrows with cheap fixed broadheads. Old muzzy's and montecs or whatever I have laying around. I wouldn't be shooting your actual hunting heads and arrows at them like they are doing in the video. Just make sure you take a good look around for deer before you shoot. I didn't miss any that I shot at last year, but I only take shots I know I can make. :)
and oh yea I do eat them and im not a redneck... well maybe a little redneck.

wis_bow_huntr 09-01-2009 03:26 AM

Nothing wrong with that at all. Great practice in the off season or if you want to take a break from deer. I always carry one arrow with a crap head for small game or yotes or what not.

Hinkelmonster 09-01-2009 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3426027)
Looks like a bunch of Rednecks pointlessly killing for the sake of killing. I'm hoping the squirrels were at least eaten.

Rednecks??? We'll maybe a little bit, but hey who on here can't say at least that!!!!

Pointlessly? Actually it's some of the best practice available......we're shooting broadheads on are good deer arrows? So just about every shot you see is about $20.00......
They were in season and it don't get much better than squirrel pot pie!!!!

Originally Posted by JoeyG (Post 3426058)
Actually shooting squirrels gives you awesome practice shooting in a real hunting situation, and it is tons of fun. Do you think they are rednecks cause they hunt squirrels? A lot of people hunt and eat squirrel around here. I don't think you should assume they are not eating them.
BTW, I carry extra arrows with cheap fixed broadheads. Old muzzy's and montecs or whatever I have laying around. I wouldn't be shooting your actual hunting heads and arrows at them like they are doing in the video. Just make sure you take a good look around for deer before you shoot. I didn't miss any that I shot at last year, but I only take shots I know I can make. :)
and oh yea I do eat them and im not a redneck... well maybe a little redneck.

Exactly!!!

Diesel77 09-01-2009 04:21 AM

Good stuff and good shooting!! Back in the day squirrel season was a big part of hunting season, but now less and less people actually target squirrels compared to the old days.

I always think about shooting them with arrows, but I worry Im going to scare deer if any are close. Bravo guys, good to see you having fun, and good practice. This looks like a great way to practice shooting, videoing, and easy meals while doing some squirrel control.

Some spots I hunt there are so many squirrels I cant head deer coming in, gets to be a bit frustrating, but its my fault, I havent hunted squirrels on any of my properties, in the last 10 years probably. Shame on me.

BvrHunter 09-01-2009 05:11 AM

I think its awesome, me and my dad and cousin starting doing this years ago for practice and because A good battered and fried squirel leg is Deeeeelicious :)

Diesel77 09-01-2009 09:39 AM

Hey man, if you enjoy what and how youre hunting with your friends, are hunting legally, AND getting some good eats then Im then Im all for it.

Come out and KILL some of the over populated squirrels on my properties, most of the time I cant hear dear coming in, just waaaay to many, and Im guilty of not taking advantage of squirrel season. I also understand everyone has opinions. Some are against shooting bears over bait, shooting crop damage preggies, shooting animals over water holes, shooting fenced hunts or canned hunts, etc, but we all have choices, and we choose what we like to do.

I highly doubt they hit 50 squirels in that video lol, if they did then I appolagize but they arent that good :hail:

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3426334)
No... i think they are rednecks because they look and sound like rednecks, lol. :hit: I highly doubt that they ate all 50 of the squirrels shot in that video. If you were planning on eating a squirrel, would really want to shoot it with a rage 2 blade? I personally find it wrong to shoot and kill for target practice, that's what 3D targets are for.

bigcountry 09-01-2009 10:11 AM

You boys have too much money for all those arrows.

I like using long bow with blunts and flu-flus.

Whats the matter dstubb, don't you like eating squirrel?

dstubb 09-01-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3426511)
You boys have too much money for all those arrows.

I like using long bow with blunts and flu-flus.

Whats the matter dstubb, don't you like eating squirrel?

I think your missing the point here buddy. I actually do enjoy eating squirrels and have been know to shoot them myself. What i don't like is when dumb rednecks go out and kill things for the sake of killing, and just leave the animals to rot away in the woods. If you guy's are worried about over population, then why don't you start killing off people? There is this land owner next to my woods that is constantly running farm equipment, and at times i cannot hear the deer coming.

bigcountry 09-01-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3426518)
I think your missing the point here buddy. I actually do enjoy eating squirrels and have been know to shoot them myself. What i don't like is when dumb rednecks go out and kill things for the sake of killing, and just leave the animals to rot away in the woods. If you guy's are worried about over population, then why don't you start killing off people? There is this land owner next to my woods that is constantly running farm equipment, and at times i cannot hear the deer coming.

Well, first, I ain't ya buddy. Second, I never saw where they let em rot. Did they tell you this? I know when I ate a lot of squirrel, I could easily eat 50 squirrels in a year. I had a killer stew recipie that called for 10 squirrels.

It appears obviously you don't understand the point of hunting at all.

dstubb 09-01-2009 10:26 AM

Please be my friend bigcountry? :(

dstubb 09-01-2009 10:27 AM

Please fill me in on the point of hunting? Also why your at it, what is the meaning of life?

GMMAT 09-01-2009 10:32 AM

Isn't this REALLY all you need to know?

I've met some of these guys. Rednecks? Well duh!...lol Aren't we all (to differing degrees)? I mean.....we DO wear camo and sit in trees for hours on end, every year.

Looks like fun. I'm gonna goose hunt with my bow, this fall. If I'm lucky enough to connect....you can bet your ass I'll post up the carnage.

Keep on keepin' on, boys.

BvrHunter 09-01-2009 10:39 AM

Is this a hunting forum or a whine festival????

brucelanthier 09-01-2009 10:40 AM

I will sometimes kill squirrels and use them as bait to hunt fox. Put one on the mulch pile by the woods every other evening and then, after a few evenings of that, set up and wait for the fox to come looking for dinner. I don't eat the fox either.

dstubb 09-01-2009 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by brucelanthier (Post 3426542)
I will sometimes kill squirrels and use them as bait to hunt fox. Put one on the mulch pile by the woods every other evening and then, after a few evenings of that, set up and wait for the fox to come looking for dinner. I don't eat the fox either.

That's fine and dandy, since you are giving the squirrel a purpose. I think too many hunters today have lost the appreciation and sense of sacredness for the animal. Too many ego driven and insecure billy bob's out there trying to showcase their manlyness.

BvrHunter 09-01-2009 11:45 AM

Dstubb I completety agree with you there should definitetly be an appreciation for all creatures! From the stalk and hunt, to the harvest, to the dinner plate!! Sad but true their are guys out there that give the sport we love a bad reputation by mowing down the first thing they see. Or killing as many as they can all for bragging rights. I don't agree with it and I'm sure not to many people here do either. It just seemed like you were quick to judge based off a few minutes of a video....thats all.... Just my two cents

GMMAT 09-01-2009 11:56 AM

That's fine and dandy, since you are giving the squirrel a purpose. I think too many hunters today have lost the appreciation and sense of sacredness for the animal. Too many ego driven and insecure billy bob's out there trying to showcase their manlyness.
Not only did they NOT say they left them lay.....but they told you they DID taste good.

Where in the world are you getting they didn't eat what they killed?

I've caught an assload of menhaden and fed (attempted to) them to other critters (kings). In the overall scheme of things.....this is what Bruce is doing. Is that unethical?

razor6570 09-01-2009 12:10 PM

Video is pretty cool. It looks like they were having a blast. As far as eating them, I hope that they did. I will say one thing, I hope that they get their arrows and broadheads for free. That will get expensive in a hurry!!

dstubb 09-01-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3426611)
Not only did they NOT say they left them lay.....but they told you they DID taste good.

Where in the world are you getting they didn't eat what they killed?

I've caught an assload of menhaden and fed (attempted to) them to other critters (kings). In the overall scheme of things.....this is what Bruce is doing. Is that unethical?

Who is they, and when did they say that?

GMMAT 09-01-2009 01:14 PM

I posted this to you on the last page. "They" is Hinkel (one of the guys doing the shooting...and the videographer on the website).

dstubb 09-01-2009 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3426725)
I posted this to you on the last page. "They" is Hinkel (one of the guys doing the shooting...and the videographer on the website).

This has gone beyond this video. We are now debating if killing for the sake of killing is right or wrong.

GMMAT 09-01-2009 01:26 PM

Who's doing that (killing for the sake of killing)?

Why is it being discussed in THIS thread?

dstubb 09-01-2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3426744)

Because that's where it went, just go with it. Why do you always have to step in and try to police everyone? I guess the 20,000 posts have gone to your head.

Hinkelmonster 09-01-2009 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3426334)
No... i think they are rednecks because they look and sound like rednecks, lol. :hit: I highly doubt that they ate all 50 of the squirrels shot in that video. If you were planning on eating a squirrel, would really want to shoot it with a rage 2 blade? I personally find it wrong to shoot and kill for target practice, that's what 3D targets are for.

Trust me there were maybe 6-8 kills on that video....I personally only hit 2, out of prolly 13-14 shots last year.

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3426732)
This has gone beyond this video. We are now debating if killing for the sake of killing is right or wrong.

Start your own thread about that...this thread was to have fun, you single handedly have completely changed that.

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3426744)

Hyjacked!!!!

dstubb 09-01-2009 01:57 PM

Ok, i'll leave you guy's be. But i'm not going to believe that you ate those things, you would have had to pick up the pieces after sending a rage through them.

GMMAT 09-01-2009 02:10 PM

No... i think they are rednecks because they look and sound like rednecks, lol. I highly doubt that they ate all 50 of the squirrels shot in that video. If you were planning on eating a squirrel, would really want to shoot it with a rage 2 blade? I personally find it wrong to shoot and kill for target practice, that's what 3D targets are for.
It needs policing....after bull**** like that.

But i'm not going to believe that you ate those things, you would have had to pick up the pieces after sending a rage through them.
And now he's a liar??

Unbelievable....

GMMAT 09-01-2009 02:21 PM

An Ad hominem attack only reflects ignorance, Dstubb.

GMMAT 09-01-2009 02:42 PM

I rest my case.

GMMAT 09-01-2009 02:59 PM

You know when you resort to name calling......you're admitting ignorance....right?

Just checking.

Hinkle....Sorry about your post. I suppose it was inevitable with that attitude present, though.

Good luck, this fall. Save me one...if I get skunked, here.

GMMAT 09-01-2009 04:25 PM

Sure...

My "Insight" is this....You have NO BUSINESS (nor does anyone else who calls himself a hunter) making disparaging remarks in regards to your FELLOW hunters....who are doing nothing except harvesting legal game in a legal and ethical manner.

That's pure bull****. And there's no place for such in a hunting forum. The pissy-whiny forum is probably accepting new members.

dstubb 09-01-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3426956)
Sure...

My "Insight" is this....You have NO BUSINESS (nor does anyone else who calls himself a hunter) making disparaging remarks in regards to your FELLOW hunters....who are doing nothing except harvesting legal game in a legal and ethical manner.

That's pure bull****. And there's no place for such in a hunting forum. The pissy-whiny forum is probably accepting new members.

Let's talk ethics Mr. GMATT. Tell me... is it ethical to enter a deer into the bow hunting contest, that your not even sure if you actually killed? Oh... and i can't leave out the fact that you glued on a point to score it, lol. Give me a break dude, your a complete joke. 20,000 posts at five minutes each equals.. Blah Blah Blah..It really means you spend almost 5 months sitting at the computor typing never mind the reading time.. WOW!!

GMMAT 09-01-2009 04:52 PM

If you had a clue, I'd be offended. As it is, you don't. Not sure what buck I entered you're concerned about. My 2008 entry went down 80yds from my stand....and I had my hands on him 20 minutes after I shot him.

Plus....he beat the HELL outta 46" (YOUR entry)!

So....swing and a miss (not surprisingly).

GR8atta2d 09-01-2009 05:18 PM

Good shooting on the Squirrels guys. I can imagine misses and hit trees get costly..

Carry~on ;)

GMMAT 09-01-2009 05:26 PM

If my post count went to zero, overnight, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I never notice how many people have, actually (what point would it serve?)?

Here's my '08 contest entry. I shot him on Nov. 27th about 40 minutes before dark. He went 80yds and piled up (heard him). I had my hands on him 20 minutes later.....and spent several of those minutes on the phone with Rob/PA. Now....does he look to you like he was in the woods for a few days?......(you're killin me:lolabove:)

"Word around town"............LOL! You make me laugh, dstubbs.......LOL!

Like I said....the pissy-whiny forum is accepting new members.

Royalslammer 09-01-2009 06:29 PM

Hey Jeff...dont know if you remember me or not but i hunted with you down at Big Daddy with andy. This is my crew here that posted the vid and Randy is obviously apart of it. I appoligize if we offended anyone on here killing some squirells with our bows during the legal season. This wasnt posted so you (Jeff) could be bashed by dstubb and we surely didnt want this to turn into a pissin match. Jeff i personally hunted with you and your an outstanding guy so i dont know where the questioning is coming from. dstubb....i appreciate and accept your criticism of our actions but unfortunatly you dont know a single thing about any of us....if you feel like we are doing something illegal or wasting animals fine, thats your opinion and again i respect it...but i find it personally offensive that you are accusing us of these things which are so far wrong. If you feel like we are such "rednecks" shoot me a pm and i will give you my phone number so we can discuss it one on one. I was told this was a great site full of awesome people and so far it has been, please dont ruin it. JMHO...Thanks...Phil T.O.K.

GMMAT 09-01-2009 06:35 PM

Phil...

Of course I remember you. I had a great time hunting with all of you...and a trip to MD "might" not be out of the question, this winter. I'll be talking with Andy.

How MY buck got dragged into this....is laughable. It's so far off base, it's pathetic. I don't know where people get these vivid imaginations. No sweat.

If you get back to NC....get my # from Andy. I'll host you guys, here, ANY time. Open invite.

Take care....and keep slammin' the tree rats. Love me some squirrel gravy, myself.

Good luck to you guys, this fall. I've seen the calibre of bucks you guys are hunting....and I find myself envious (a little!).

Tell Mike I said "Hi".

Jeff

Hinkelmonster 09-01-2009 09:28 PM

Okay....back to the video.....