Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New to ground blind hunting, few questions. >

New to ground blind hunting, few questions.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to ground blind hunting, few questions.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arrow New to ground blind hunting, few questions.

I have a new ground blind (Primos Ground Max Vision) to put up this year and had a few questions for those guys that have used them in the past. First question is if left out, do the hold up well in the weather, any problems with wear and tear? Second question is how many days in advance do you think it takes for the deer to be comfortable around one if it is properly brushed in? Reason I ask this is I have a great place to use it but am a little reluctant to leave it sit there(don't want it getting up and walking away on me) Again, brand new to this tactic so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shane
Old 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usualy leave mine out from september through january. I try to set mine up near small trees to tie it off to as well as using stakes. If properly brushed in the blind can be effective imediatley, but I try to get mine out at least a couple of weeks in advance. Another good tip is to set it up in your yard for a week or so to let it air out and get those odors off of it.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have a different kind than a primos so i cant say on theirs but I have left mine out for two years it does have a small tear in it . I should bring it in before an animal claims it as its house .
Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

My sister-in-law left hers out for 3or4 months and it faded bad. It's just a cheap one though.