Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How to change the mods on a martin moab? >

How to change the mods on a martin moab?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to change the mods on a martin moab?

Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Spike

Default How to change the mods on a martin moab?

Ok i just got my martin moab in the mail, it is set to 29"draw and i have the mods to change it too 27" the manual says to just take the 2 screws out the back and change the mod, wish it was that easy. I can get one screw out but the other one is about a quarter under the limb, so how do i get it out? Anyone change these before and run into this?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Spike

i don't know, so i might be stating the obvious but does it say you can change the modules w/o a press??
Old 08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was answered on another forum. I've done this hundreds of times. Just squeeze the cable toward the riser. This will rotate the cam enough for you to get at the "hidden" screw. If you can't hold the cable while you do this then you can back the limb bolts out about 5 turns each and then do it.

Don't worry. The limbs won't pop off. You can actually back them out far enough to get the string/cable off the bow or completely disassemble the bow. That being about 12 turns.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:12 AM
Spike

ya i had to back the limb bolts out, it was like 13 turns on each nut to allow me to move the cam with my hand and hold it there.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by stoop14 View Post
ya i had to back the limb bolts out, it was like 13 turns on each nut to allow me to move the cam with my hand and hold it there.
PM if you are still having problems!