Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tech question

Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tech question

I know this belongs in the tech thread, but i thought i might get better results since everyone is over here for the contest threads.

Before i start rambling my setup is the following:

07' Bowtech Guardian
60lbs
Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter dropaway
Gold Tip Arrows

My probelm:

About a week ago, i took the bow and had the string changed and new limbs added (dropped from the original 70lb to 60lb). Two days after the string change, i shoot the bow for the first time. I shot probably 150 arrows with absolutely no probelms at all...everything was working smoothly and i was shooting nice tight groups. Fast forward a day, begining another pratice session, I take two shots. I shoot the third arrow and my peep sight competely seperates itself out of the string. The tubing doesn't break, its still completey intact except the peepsight itself is now dangling loose on the end of the tubing. Took the bow back and had it reset. Return to shoot again, the exact same thing happens again. Now i am pissed, i never had an issue before they got ahold of my bow. I reset the peep on my own, and removed the serving that was tying it it, when i draw the bow slowly i can watch the peep walking up the string for several inches. It's not moving a little bit, its moving alot. What could be causing this? I believe its sliding upward each time i draw until it hits the serving (ment to keep it in place) then flying out?? I've been shooting for years and never seen anything like this..any ideas?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats strange that you mentioned that. I had the same exact problem with my PSE Stinger this year. I went away from the tubed peep and got a tubless. Problem went away...I tried serving the string above and below the peep and still had the same results. The tubless took a bit to get used to but, so far, so good. I wonder if we had the same tubed peep on and the mfg ran a bad batch to where the strings arent sitting deep enough into the peep?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I was gonna suggest the same thing....... put a tubeless peep on your string.... G5 makes several different sizes... that should take care of the problem
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

topless, doh, i mean tubeless is the way to go! I use one of the G5 peeps and have had no problems.