Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa?????

Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

weather changes daily around here
there's times when it's mid 70's in October/November
then come December it can be down in the sub zero range

the saying here is "don't like the weather, wait ten minutes it'll change"

don
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

This is the exact type of thing that I see way too often and Iowa should take away the landowner tags. First he was hunting Iowa, then when tags got brought up he has property tags, now he's going to be filming, yeah right. Just as FYI Iowa DNR is out there and they love to take non resident money, trucks, bows, guns everything while taking a deer illegally. These landowner tags get abused so badly they need to get rid of them. The tags never get used the way they are designed.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

hit a nerve
Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

"What kind of shots should i practice as well as tactics because im used to hunting in texas over deer feeders."

Hmm, not going to be hunting eh??? If you want to hunt in Iowa, apply for a tag and go when you can do it legally... If you have a friend with land, I would imagine he will still have access to it in a year or two when you draw a tag in your name. If you decide to come up anyways, and shoot one illegally; I hope you get caught. I welcome any non-resident hunter, as long as they abide by our LAWS.

BTW, the DNR here are pretty good, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking the TX tags off your truck and replacing them with IA DNR.

If you decide to come to ONLY film, by all means come on up and have a good time!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WhitBri
This is the exact type of thing that I see way too often and Iowa should take away the landowner tags. First he was hunting Iowa, then when tags got brought up he has property tags, now he's going to be filming, yeah right. Just as FYI Iowa DNR is out there and they love to take non resident money, trucks, bows, guns everything while taking a deer illegally. These landowner tags get abused so badly they need to get rid of them. The tags never get used the way they are designed.
Must not be a landowner.....
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

wow guys yall are awesome and very supportive.....not so i wont be filming...bull@#$% i respect the drawing of tags and i would never think of taking one illegally. Some bowunting family yall are. i asked for help and all i got is trashed on by someone who has no idea of my intentions but insists he knows what im going to do? well screw yall who blabber on about illegal hunting.

just a tip dont talk crap until you know the whole facts. jumping to conclusions leads to misinformed incoherent blabbering people
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Fork Horn

the weather will be cold and cold with the right clothes u should be good and some hot hands. u problaly will be hunting from tree stands or ground blinds
Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

[quote=Buckmaster519;3421274]My roomate is wanting to take me to iowa where hes from to hunt for deer. Last year he shot a buck that scored 204 P&Y. Im used to hunting in west texas and this will be a big change for me. Can yall give me some advice on gear and what to expect. He says hes spotted about 3-4 160-170 class deer on his place for me so im really nervous. What kind of shots should i practice as well as tactics because im used to hunting in texas over deer feeders. All help is much appreciated.
Then the idea of non resident tag draw gets brought up.
Originally Posted by Buckmaster519
he has personal property with tags
Then was told that wouldn't matter as still needs to draw a tag
Originally Posted by Buckmaster519
i understand ill probly film or something. He lives in Des Moines But has alot of family property south. Yea do yall think ill be hunting from a tree stand? Are buck grunts a necessity for stoppingg a buck and whats the weather usually like.
What did I miss he was first going to hunt and then to film as you realized no one on here likes people who break the laws.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nick_bleuer76
Must not be a landowner.....
Absolutely correct I don't own land, I have a few private farms I can hunt and use mostly public land. Only to have landowners get ten tags a piece and come on public land to fill them and save their deer and their property for trophy hunting only. Its not just the one landowner tag but also depravation tags for does that they fill on public land. Those tags are suppose to be filled on the piece of property it was given for to reduce the numbers on it since they are doing damage to his crops not to reduce the low numbers on the public land I hunt. So yeah hit a nerve.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhitBri
Well said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.