Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowstrings,change how often >

bowstrings,change how often

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowstrings,change how often

Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunting bow as needed. Competition bow I have changed them as much as three times a year when I used to shoot alot, most of the times 200 to 400 shots a day.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Winners choice. By no means do I need to change it yearly. More like every 3 years. I have no idea of how many shots have been put on mine (a lot), but it's fine for this year, will replace next year if I don't buy a new bow.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by killzonearchery
I change mine every year. dont just change ur string, change the cables and all. The string over time will stretch, no matter what the brand. When it stretchs u lose speed and the performance of the bow will go down. I change mine every year and always will
With competition and 3d shoots, practice, huntin, and shootin stuff in the off season i have to change my strings and cables about every 9 months to 1 year. but i have been using custom bow strings now for years. much better than any factory string. And when your string stretches it creats more draw length wich results in greater speed not less...any time i have ever changed strings & cables my bow speed has dropped by about 8fps and slowly goes up as the string stretches.