Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Stand

Old 08-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Stand

I got a new stand. Its a Timberstrike Bearcat wich is basically a Big Dog tree stand. Anyone else on here use this stand, what are your likes and dislikes? I want to get it out in the woods hopefully tonight after work but want to know what Im in for since it is a little on the heavy side. I love the size of stand and the stability and the design so far, just wanting to know more about it. Bow season opens in 3 weeks from today....
Old 08-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never heard of it.....Got any pics?

Shane
Old 08-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sr77
Never heard of it.....Got any pics?

Shane

Not of my stand just the instructions pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bearcat stand.jpg (10.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I hung the stand yesterday morning and I tell ya....it wasnt too bad. It wasnt the easiest stand to hang but it wasnt the worst either. It is a bit on the heavy side but my home made pulley system did the trick. The only thing I have found that I dont like about it is the loop on ratchet straps. I find it easier to just through the regular ratchet straps around the tree. These straps you need to keep in two seperate straps and feed the strap through the ratchet seperately. If anyone knows an easier way to do this let me know lol...Other than that, great sturdy stand with plenty of room. They could have made the seat about 2-3 inches wider though. Other than that no complaints and the foot rest is a great bonus.