Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Does the loop on your string effect draw length? >

Does the loop on your string effect draw length?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does the loop on your string effect draw length?

Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
It certainly wouldn't be the bow's DL.

So,you wouldn't lengthen the bows draw length to shoot off the string.

Interesting.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Dominant Buck

LOL...

AGAIN...you kill me. You keep adding in variables and "what-iffing" this thing to DEATH!

It's like herding cats!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
Sorry,this reply was to jb

Pulling out the Jeff reply,just answer the question.

Can you shoot your draw length with no loop and maintain proper form.Proper shoulder load,proper bone to bone contact AND alignment,proper release arm angle, alignment and proper bow arm positioning.

If you can then you are in the minority.

I HAVE to shoot 28 1/2" to 28 3/4" without a loop to be even close.I am at 28" with one.
Yes because my consistent draw length allows me stay in vertical alignment whether I have a loop or not. I don't have to lean forward or back because of a short or long draw length.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jbowersox
Yes because my consistent draw length allows me stay in vertical alignment whether I have a loop or not. I don't have to lean forward or back because of a short or long draw length.

You need to see a coach and learn a little about shoulder placement or bone to bone contact.There is back pressure on the shoulder,it should come back into socket when shooting the proper draw length,WHILE maintaing proper alignments.If you shoot the same length off the string as with a loop,these things are incorrect,or dangerous to you.

I just pulled my bow back from the string and my shoulder was so cramped when I tried to get my elbow back where it is supposed to be that I would need surgery after 6 months of shooting like this.That doesn't even take into account the amount of pin jerkiness there would be.

AND Jeff,I learned from the master.

The question I asked actually is exactly what the thread is about.YOU tried to change it..

So ignore it if you will but we all know the answer is the draw length of the bow has to be lengthend.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

T...You're beginning to remind me of an old member here at HNI. He was never wrong.....and was the world's master of the duck and weave.

jbowers provided some links to back his (and my) assertions a long ways back. As far as I'm concerned....you can argue with them, now....lol. They're probably mistaken, also, though......(right?).
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I completely missed the links.

I will continue to go by what some of the top coaches in the industry say and I have a close friend who happens to be one of them.He laughs out loud when the statement is made that a loop doesn't affect draw length.

The first link,the person illustrating has some major issues to start with.He has no solid anchor and his release is too long.

T-bone even made a mention the actuall overall draw length is too long.

AND Jeff,That's like a rat calling a possum longed nosed.

Amazing how you flamed me for not answering your questions but instead of answering mine,you flame me.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Some of the greatest hunters in the world swear by SL and tell us the Rage is like throwing an axe through an animal, too.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Some of the greatest hunters in the world swear by SL and tell us the Rage is like throwing an axe through an animal, too.
Isnt it a bit different when there is money involved???
Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

As a former teaching professional (PGA), I can tell you that unorthodox = increased intrigue. Connect your own dots. My bet is not many of these coaches cited pimp their services for free.

A few links were provided from credible sources. And THEIR findings were passed off as ......well....just plain WRONG.

Does that make it so?

Last edited by GMMAT; 08-21-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

10 pages for a guy who wanted a simple answer. IMO, the guy wasn't looking to go to Worlds or anything, just a hunter looking for the right draw mods. I would assume that he wanted to anchor at the same point as he had for ever, so the answer, again IMO, would be that he should have his bow set at a half inch shorter if he was adding a loop to his arrangement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.