Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the best Climbing Treestand??? >

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit, only problem with em is you tend to fall asleep in them.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Spike

Default Summit Bushmaster

My Summit Bushmaster climbs awesome and it is fairly light. Very good climber.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit razor!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default best stand,i dont think so.

we all have our favorites.i like summits for many reasons i will list.
1.been in business a longtime and still has a big following.
2. price is cheaper than most
3.good service
4.comfort

now i will list a few that i feel are leading right now.
LONE WOLF, TREEWALKER,TIMBERTALL,EQUALIZER,SUMMIT.

all have things we like and dont.here is my opinion on what i want in stand.
i dont want to pay over $300 for stand, my summit 180 max cost me $286 .
i want company that will be here in future.

COMFORT is no.1 with me even tho stand could be bulky or 3 pds heavier than another stand.SEAT must be a seat that hangs on sling strap,not a netting type seat. seat must be far enough away from tree so i can lean back on SEAT not on the tree.i cant lean against tree all day, 4 hrs is max against a tree.

room on platform is big with me.i am 6/1 210 .i cant sit in a lock-on at all ,so climber is what i like.summit from what i understand will let you change different platforms to fit different tops ,thats neat.pick a top you like and match it to say a TITAN platform.you have to order from them to do this.

thats about it .all stands are good climbing a tree.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i tried VIPER and it was to small for me.. I LIKE LOTS OF ROOM IN A TREE WHEN I DRESS WITH HEAVY CLOTHES ON...i am 6/1 210 pds.the SUMMIT 180 MAX has wider top frame.thats nice with heavy clothes.

DID YOU KNOW THAT SUMMIT WILL BUILT YOU A STAND TO YOUR LIKEING?
yes, they will put like a 180 top on viper bottom or viper top on a titan bottom..thats neat. having viper top on big titan bottom .

i heard you have to call them to do this.like you could take the open shot top and put it on titan bottom...............

sweat ..................................
I myself am 6'3" and weigh 300 lbs and the Viper has plenty of room for me. I think the Goliath is over-exagerated when it comes to adding alot more room. Still both great stands.

SWEET....................NOT SWEAT
Old 03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
I myself am 6'3" and weigh 300 lbs and the Viper has plenty of room for me. I think the Goliath is over-exagerated when it comes to adding alot more room. Still both great stands.

SWEET....................NOT SWEAT
how you fit in VIPER at your size is beyond me.actually if you look at summit 180 max picture on their site ,look at how feet of that kid HANGS over edge.that kid is 6/1 205 pds.
platform is BIGGER than VIPER............same size as goliath...

THIS IS WHY THIS YEAR FOR 2010 THE 180 MAX HAS THE TITAN PLATFORM........
at your size with hunting clothes on in winter you have to be tight on seat section and also on platform.
as long as you are happy, thats great but there is no way i could fit in VIPER in winter with my hunting clothes on.

i am skinny too at 6/1 210..........take care sproul
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the Equalizer Treestand for X-Mas in 08 and Bowhunted with it in 2009 and I am Very Impressed with it.
That Leveling feature is the bomb I can now climb trees that were off limits before do to them being larger at the bottom and narrowing severly as I climb. I can also get the stand over some of those big knots on trees now by cranking the stand in the down position to get over those big knots and then once over them relevel the stand again.And once you cinch down the cinch straps the stand is rock solid. I decided not to use the sling seat with mine cause I had one before and I tend to nod off if I am to comfy
My husband tried my Equalizer Stand and liked it so much he sold his LW Sit & Climb and bought an Equalizer Treestand.

I found it could use one improvement IMO to the bow holder;
When you are at your desired hunting height and you leave the seat in the climbing position so you can bowhunt in the standing position standing next to the tree the bow holder mounts on the front of the stand and when I put my bow in the bow holder the seat cusion gets in the way of getting the bow out of the holder with a effortless movement, I have to tip the bow horizontally and rock it back and forth to get the bow out of the holder.
* I think that if they made the bow holder arm longer so the bow would sit up higher above the seat cusion it might solve this problem of the Bow Bottom Cam hitting the seat cusion.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

love my Summit.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lady Forge just described exactly why I dig the Equalizer!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If there were the best of the best

and it was best by far, you'd only have to check the expensive price to find out what they were.

Fortunately for the average hunter and fisherman there is more than one product to satisfy most needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.