Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the best Climbing Treestand??? >

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Old 04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am too, interested in the equalizer, the only thing that bugs me is the leveling handles look kinda small &flimsy, and i dont like how it protrudes out from the side of the stand like that. it also, is over 20lbs I think. I would like a lighter stand, thats self leveling. I was looking at timbertalls too, theyre only 12-14lbs!!! and I like the leveling system better than the EQlizer, but the TTall doesnt seem to be made as solid as the EQ. still deciding, light & better design VS higher quality? IDK.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

D&B, the handles are'nt flimsy at all. I've had mine for years and it gets beat up pretty good, both in the woods and in the back of my truck.
Never worried about them breaking or anything.
I've never tried a Timbertall, and 14 pounds does sound nice.
But I'll tell ya, I would have no problem jumping up and down in the EQ, it's rock solid!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

with MOLLE straps/waist belt a climbing stand over 20 pds is not a problem.so i really dont look at weight of stand unless it would get over 25 pds.

what i look at is COMFORT and rail on front around me.that bIG summit titan PLATFORM TO ME IS WAY I WOULD GO NO MATTER WHAT SIZE YOU ARE.

but if you are not using my MOLLE STRAP IDEA,i can see where a lighter stand is nice...................
Old 04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LonRainJer
Im sold on the Equalizer tree stands. You can level them at any height. I have read a lot of great things about these stands on various sites. They arent cheap though.

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php
X2 GREAT STAND!!!!! Had one for 5 years !! No problems and its a all day sit stand. The level system is Top notch!!!!

Hatchet Jack