Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the best Climbing Treestand??? >

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best Climbing Treestand???

Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Spike

Im sold on the Equalizer tree stands. You can level them at any height. I have read a lot of great things about these stands on various sites. They arent cheap though.

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php
Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default summit

i like summit stands.3 that most like are summit,lw and treewalker.........
Old 03-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If there was an absolute best

you can be sure it is the most expensive. Some, to be really happy, only need to look at the price.

For me, the question doesn't apply. I've used the same climbing stand, with individual improvements, for the past fifteen years.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting with my LW S&C for 8 years now, and love it. The only issue has been worn out bushings on the climbing/sitting bar. I have to order new ones. Other than that it has worked flawlessly. I wouldn't use anything else.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Spike

Started with a Loggy then Tree lounge then bought a Viper and lastly a Lone wolf. Over a 15 yr. or so period. Tree lounge is an all day stand that can't be beat for comfort but it is costly, heavy and noisy to put up. Viper is nice but still a little bulky for me. It is comfortable and I feel safer with the rail around the seat. A little tough to sit and draw. The Lone Wolf is nice with the back pack option and moves through the woods on your back nicely. The only disadvantage I can speak to is that the seat is not that big or padded all that well. Nice 3 or 4 hr. stand. My old Loggy is my sentimental favorite as it is the lightest and the seat is quite comfortable but not as high tech as the others. The deer don't seem to care as I have killed them with all four. Would not want to forget the stands I sat in in Alberta bear hunting all day. They were very nice. Don't know the name but they had mesh seats like a lounge chair that fold down and were very comfy.

Last edited by curtispa14; 03-21-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too own a Summit Viper treestand and next to my bow it's the best investment I think I have ever made when coming to my hunting equipment. The Summit is extremely easy to use and is very reliable as well as very safe. Once you start hunting out of a climbing treestand you'll never go back to hunting on the ground.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by curtispa14
Started with a Loggy then Tree lounge then bought a Viper and lastly a Lone wolf. Over a 15 yr. or so period. Tree lounge is an all day stand that can't be beat for comfort but it is costly, heavy and noisy to put up. Viper is nice but still a little bulky for me. It is comfortable and I feel safer with the rail around the seat. A little tough to sit and draw. The Lone Wolf is nice with the back pack option and moves through the woods on your back nicely. The only disadvantage I can speak to is that the seat is not that big or padded all that well. Nice 3 or 4 hr. stand. My old Loggy is my sentimental favorite as it is the lightest and the seat is quite comfortable but not as high tech as the others. The deer don't seem to care as I have killed them with all four. Would not want to forget the stands I sat in in Alberta bear hunting all day. They were very nice. Don't know the name but they had mesh seats like a lounge chair that fold down and were very comfy.

very good, go to head of class.summit beats the LW hands down on comfort.the LW is to close to tree to get comfortable.some are using the SUMMIT SURROUND SEAT on LW and it helps.SUMMIT is built so its farther away from tree so you can LEAN back it seat.THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME AT 56 YRS OLD, comfort..............................

LW packs best of stands,real nice. belts on LW gets stuck on rough bark in dark .summits dont pack as good as LW.
rail in front of summit is not problem for me as i NEVER shoot down on buck,i let buck get 20 yds out then behind shoulder.i like rail on all my stands and with the SUMMIT 180 max i can face tree to hide,i dont have to turn around to shoot my bow.

both stands are quiet.i filled my summit channel with foam,i just did not like open ends to echo noise out but it was not noisy, just i am picky on things ,so i foamed it...............
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
I too own a Summit Viper treestand and next to my bow it's the best investment I think I have ever made when coming to my hunting equipment. The Summit is extremely easy to use and is very reliable as well as very safe. Once you start hunting out of a climbing treestand you'll never go back to hunting on the ground.
i tried VIPER and it was to small for me.. I LIKE LOTS OF ROOM IN A TREE WHEN I DRESS WITH HEAVY CLOTHES ON...i am 6/1 210 pds.the SUMMIT 180 MAX has wider top frame.thats nice with heavy clothes.

DID YOU KNOW THAT SUMMIT WILL BUILT YOU A STAND TO YOUR LIKEING?
yes, they will put like a 180 top on viper bottom or viper top on a titan bottom..thats neat. having viper top on big titan bottom .

i heard you have to call them to do this.like you could take the open shot top and put it on titan bottom...............

sweat ..................................
Old 03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

If $ are not a concern - consider an equalizer! I've owned a lot of tree stands from the Baker widow maker to several Summits. Being able to level the stand at 25'+ height sure is nice with the equalizer!
-fsh
Old 03-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Gorilla!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.