Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
fall away rest help >

fall away rest help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fall away rest help

Old 08-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default fall away rest help

Greetings. Just wanted to get an idea on fall away rests. I have a ripcord fallaway right now and not sure if its what I want just yet. I have been told to look at a QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD. I like the containment idea with these fall away rests, not sure which way to go. Are there other options I shoudl look at as well? What do you like, what works best for you?? Thanks in advance as always...
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are good rests , I like the qad rest because of the containment and being able to let down and still hold it
Old 08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thats what I was after, I thought the ripcord had that feature as well. Now I ask, have you or anyone else heard or had any problems with the QAD not falling away upon release?? ie get stuck in the up position and stay that way through the shot?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Thats why I bought a whisker biscuit .
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Loves my QAD!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as Fall away rests go you will not find a better choice than a Limb Driver.

Simple setup, no timing issues, or resulting fletch clearance problems.

Dan
Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Limb driver, I was told about that one today as well. My dealer also said something about the MAA Tri-Van rest too.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a Limb Driver on 3 of my 6 bows, those 3 being my primary bows. The 82nd, Air Raid and Admiral.

I'm also seriously thinking about the new Kazaway rest by Vital Gear, Full containment on a drop away. I watched elkhuntinut shoot a round of 3D with it and I was very impressed with the rest.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

By no means am I a fall away rest expert so infer what you will from this.
One of my hunting partners talked me into the Qad Ultra Pro HD. I previously used the Whisker Biscuit.
I have been using it for a little over a month now and to be honest I couldn't be happier. Smooth, silent, no timing issues, and no clearance issues.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

You cant go wrong with a limb driver. Super easy to set up and it works flawlessly, one of the best rest made IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.