Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can you take pins off 5 pin sights? >

Can you take pins off 5 pin sights?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can you take pins off 5 pin sights?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Can you take pins off 5 pin sights?

I really want a 4 pin sight, but there doesn't seem to be very many of them around and I don't have the money for the ones that are. Is it possible to just remove a pin from a 5 pin sight? I'm looking at the tru glow family of sights based on price. I'm looking to spend under $50 otherwise it'll have to wait until next season.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at a Sword Apex Hunter....run ya about $60, and is a very well made sight, with 4 pins, or PM me, I may have something I could set you up with for under $50 that is pretty decent. But the Sword Apex Hunter is a great little sight for not a lot of money.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

most sights have removable pins
Old 08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Spike

As close as it is to hunting season I'd wait until it's over then look at new sights. I got a 4 pin exteme sight at Gander this past year when they were having a sale on their archery items and I paid 35$ for this sight which had a price tag of 79.99 on it originally. I got the quality sight I wanted and for the price I wanted. Win win.