Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How things change >

How things change

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How things change

Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How things change

I had planned another wallet busting hunting year. New muzzleloader. New arrows two new stands new range finder. All in all about 3k worth of stuff. Now my hunting budget looks more like a a poor mans budget. No muzzleloader no range finder one stand because mine got stolen last season. Same old but rarely shot aroows. Not that i do not have the cash first week of oct i get 2800 bucks same first week nov. But with getting surgery and a 5 month florida trip in jan to may. I cut everything out. I almost said screw it and skip the season but why. I got a bow a 12 ga some camo what more do i need. Heck a stand target to shoot at and some scent killer and i will be good to go. Looks like it might be my best and cheapest year. Reminds me of my first year with a 12ga in one hand a binos in the other and wearing blue jeans.
I have my own land to hunt and live 5 seconds from govt land. As it borders my soon to be 1/4 acre food plot. If i kill one this year i will have gottin my first deer on a zero money spent budget. Makes me feel stupid about the 2k i spent in the last 2 seasons
Old 08-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rock on Tim!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

keep your head up this could turn out to be your best year.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Spike

I hunt on a tight budget every year. My son and I sleep in the truck and eat out of cans. We have so much fun. We hunt eat and sleep. he is laid off in the fall and I am retired. I think you might have a great season. I think you are right what else do you need? Good Luck this season.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get 'em Tim, you're gonna put one down this season..
Old 08-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

All that new stuff doesn't guarantee you a better season. Your old stuff will get the job done.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that I can not get a new bow, thought about upgrading the sights and rest. Then I said why, it works just fine the way it is. No need to spend money when you really don't need to.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Completely agree with alot of these posts! If its not necesarry, why upgrade if thats not what you need to invest in???

I believe, just like in target shooting that money does not buy points, and in hunting it definately doesnt put the animals on the ground!

Go get em' Tim!

Derek
Old 08-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The most important things are location and preparation. In most cases you do not have to spend a lot to be successful.