Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ordered New Bow Today! >

Ordered New Bow Today!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ordered New Bow Today!

Old 05-10-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Ordered New Bow Today!

Well I' m getting a new Ultratec now! I went and shot one today and on the first shot I honestly said wow outloud. Sweet shooter, no kick, silent, balances nicely, smooooootthhhh. Getting 27" draw and 60# peak. I was shooting higher poundage than my current bow(Alpine Sidewinder) and the smoothness of the cams made it easier to pull. Also with just the Hoyt Stab, factory limbsavers, and string leaches it was quieter than my current bow with lots of Sims stuff all over it. Now to start accesory shopping. Should be 3-4 weeks according to the shop. The last two he has ordered took 3 weeks so shouldn' t be too long, time to start saving money.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ordered New Bow Today!

hope you like it! i too am thinking of a hoyt for my first bow...but i dont have the moeny for the really expensive ones..im thinking mtsport or magnatech to get me started into bow hunting...monday im going to call the bowshop and get some prices and then go shoot them one day and decide...they just look sweet...and all i hear is how they shoot sweet...about 3 weeks or so i will have all the money saved up unless i need more...i cant wait....good luck
Old 05-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent choice.You will not be sorry and you will love this bow.

I know mine is becoming more and more a part of me everytime I shoot it.

CONGRATS
Old 05-12-2003, 10:21 AM

good luck when you get it , but three or four weeks is a little optimistic! i waited eight weeks for my hoyt , so put it in the back of your mind until you get the call!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

3 weeks is about right.They did get slow for a while but have things back up to speed now,for the most part.

They were swamped with orders due to the success of the cam 1/2.I completely understand that.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been as pleased as I can be with my new Razortec. I was told they could have it in a week and a half, but they had a brand new one in my size on the rack. I walked out the door with it after we outfitted it with everything I needed.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excelent choice , you say its quieter than your alpine , thats saying alot . Last year bowhunting mag did a comparison test for noise and alpine came out on top , of coarse that was before hoyt came out with their new bows .
Old 05-13-2003, 08:16 AM

Congrats on your selection. I hope that you can get it that quick. My wife has had a hoyt on order now for 14 weeks and they keep putting us off a week at a time. But she has a flag bow on order, so I can understand a little wait. This long is too long though!