Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need help and info with Bitz jig. >

Need help and info with Bitz jig.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help and info with Bitz jig.

Old 05-10-2003, 08:32 PM

Default Need help and info with Bitz jig.

Just bought a Bitz jig for right helical and need some help. The directions and manual that come with it are kinda vague. I am fletching my arrows with a traditional 3 fletch, 120 degree spacing.

The info I received before buying the Bitz was that it could be adjusted to increase or decrease the degree of helical.

What degree of helical is the clamp? I purchase a right helical set-up.

I can adjust the jig to align the fletch to lay flat for different diameter shafts, but
when I try to decrease or increase the amount of helical, the fletching does not lay perfectly flat on the shaft. Is this normal? What do I need to do? The directions only give info for fitting different diameter shafts, not increasing or decreasing the amount of helical.

If I want to purchase a clamp for straight/offset do I also need to purchase a different nock receiver?

I have fletched about a dozen arrows and the Bitz did a great job. Fast and easy to use. It just seems I cant change the amount of degree of helical without sacraficing flush fletch contact to the shaft.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:46 AM

Default RE: Need help and info with Bitz jig.

Buck

I use Blitz jigs, however I use straight clamps.

If I recall correctly, a Blitz right helical clamp is suppose to give you up to 6-degree max, but that 3 to 4-degree max is the safe norm that some helical shooters that use the Blitz say they get. If you' re using 5" fletch, 3-4-degree should do the job.

Remember; depending on type of rest your using, with helical you' re going to have some clearance problems. The greater the degree of helical, and height of fletch, the greater the clearance problem.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help and info with Bitz jig.

I agree with c903. The more helical you have the more your fletching wont lay flush on your arrow. My norm is around 3 degrees. When you notice that it' s not flush you can apply a little more pressure with your hand to make sure the glue sets along the entire fletching and hold it for a minute or two. Vanes tend to be a little tougher to do than feathers when it comes to helical.