Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another Bitz question >

Another Bitz question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Bitz question

Old 07-08-2008, 07:49 AM

Default Another Bitz question

Okay, so I got my right helical clamp in for my Bitz jig that I ordered, but now I realize there is also a nock insert for the right helical clamp, which I didn't order.[:@] Someone tell me why it is different, and why I need it instead of the one I use with my straight clamp. Or do I need it? I mean if it is just an indexing thing, then no problem, but is it something different?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Bitz question

If you are using any arrow with indexing nocks then you don't need it. Years back when we used glue-on nocks we needed a different indexer for TM (prong) style rests. They still were 120 dgrees apart, just oriented to a different location. Today things are simpler.

You've got the right idea. Fletch your arrows and then index your nocks where you want or need them.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Thats what I thought, couldn't figure out why I needed something different unless they were glue on nocks. Thanks for verifying what I thought.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even with glue-on nocks, you don't really need the different receiver. The nocks will usually hold tight enough to hold in position without glue. Just kinda screw them on. Then fletch. When done, you just pull the nock off, apply glue and index the nock where you need it. If you're refletching old arrows, refletch and then remove the old nock and replace it. It's always a good idea to replace the nocks when you refletch anyway.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're so right Art, as usual. In fact, years ago I screwed my nocks on and shot them without even gluing them. Made things a lot easier to replace them on the field range. Besides, back then I was able to bust more nocks than I do today so it was a necessity.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't need it X 3

Dan
Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 AM
bigcountry

There is a time you need it. And thats for repairing fletch or feathers on say aluminum arrows with glue on nocks. I usually press fit my nocks on alums and then fletch up. Lastly, I will glue the nock on indexing it for the orintation I want the feathers to be. But if I damage a feather, I won't be albe to repair and put back on where the other one is.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Spike

If you do switch nock recievers becareful because there are little balls in the tubes under the screws that set the fletching from 3 to 4 fletch. When I changed my I didn't know this. It took me a little while to figure out where they were coming from.

Jeff
Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 PM

How do you get the old nocks off for replacing them after fletching?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

How do you get the old nocks off for replacing them after fletching?
For alums they just break off.