Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Rage FINALY! >

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Ok since you helped pimp this product. Tell us hunters what the rage will do that BH's haven't been doing for dozens of years?

If a person hits the deer in the vitals with any bladed product, (including knapped obsidian point) and can't get the job done, he should take up tennis or something.

Shoot what you like. End of story
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by annika3
Shoot what you like. End of story
Ok, why didn't you just stay out of this from the beginning if your end game is "shoot what you like". Come on man, pimp that product.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real mature for a "man" like yourself to talk to a young bowhunter like this. Maybe you should step away from the keyboard because comments like this to a 8th grader? makes you sound like you might be a 7th grader
In all honesty, I have no idea how old the OP is, don't really care, but the truth of it is, he's got a euphoric idea that a BH is going to make amazing things happen, and that just ain't so. You seem to have a pretty vested interest here. And that was pretty obvious, even before you divulged this....

Originally Posted by annika
I agree with you 100%

There is or should I say was a connection to Rage. As I have stated before I was part owner of Field Logic which owns the Rage. I was minority owner of the company and was bought out over 2 1/2 years ago. I was bought out without my consent, meaning I didn't want to but was forced to sell to my partner.

I helped design the head and that is why I am very passionate about the Rage. But with the way things went down for me at Field Logic I should be negative about the head but I can't because I know how well it works.

Now, with not being there for 2 1/2 years I am not sure what they have all done different or how their advertising all works. I am a true believer that a 2" rear opening head built correctly is one of the most devastating heads made.
What the Rage CAN do out of a high energy bow is impressive, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't recommend someone with lower energy (less than say 55ft/#) shoot a 2" 2-blade fixed BH, then why one earth would it be "more reasonable" to recommend they shoot a Mechanical 2" BH???

Do rages work??? Sure for the right people, but I've also heard a great many bad stories regarding them as well. Including in Vegas when one opened up mid flight and ate up some carpet.....I believe the renowned Randy Ulmer was shooting that arrow if I remember correctly.

The biggest ISSUE I see with Rage is that "Get Your Game" Guarantee because it basically soulds like it advocates sending prayers on the end of arrows.

Granted, archery has become a very technical sport, but at the same time, I'm sure the recovery rates now vs. 10-15yrs. ago are much higher, and it's in part to the sport becoming more technical. Have Rages helped some guys, certainly, have they created problems for some guys certainly, and the low-energy bows are one of the most heavily affected groups, because people get bad advice and choose to use them.

Sort of like recommending a guy try FOB's when he's shooting a Whisker Biscuit.....we all know that ain't gonna work, but it's happened!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well....I can see the pissing match still continues..been gone from here all year and nothing has changed. Home Sweet Home!!!!!! LOL
Old 08-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep welcome back solo. new paint new shrubs, still the same neighbors though. lol
Old 08-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Ok, why didn't you just stay out of this from the beginning if your end game is "shoot what you like". Come on man, pimp that product.
I got into this by simply stating that everybody should check their BH, fixed or mechanical and that laughing and mocking a kid (it was stated originally that he was) isn't the right way to go about it.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
In all honesty, I have no idea how old the OP is, don't really care, but the truth of it is, he's got a euphoric idea that a BH is going to make amazing things happen, and that just ain't so. You seem to have a pretty vested interest here. And that was pretty obvious, even before you divulged this....

What the Rage CAN do out of a high energy bow is impressive, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't recommend someone with lower energy (less than say 55ft/#) shoot a 2" 2-blade fixed BH, then why one earth would it be "more reasonable" to recommend they shoot a Mechanical 2" BH???

Do rages work??? Sure for the right people, but I've also heard a great many bad stories regarding them as well. Including in Vegas when one opened up mid flight and ate up some carpet.....I believe the renowned Randy Ulmer was shooting that arrow if I remember correctly.

The biggest ISSUE I see with Rage is that "Get Your Game" Guarantee because it basically soulds like it advocates sending prayers on the end of arrows.

Granted, archery has become a very technical sport, but at the same time, I'm sure the recovery rates now vs. 10-15yrs. ago are much higher, and it's in part to the sport becoming more technical. Have Rages helped some guys, certainly, have they created problems for some guys certainly, and the low-energy bows are one of the most heavily affected groups, because people get bad advice and choose to use them.

Sort of like recommending a guy try FOB's when he's shooting a Whisker Biscuit.....we all know that ain't gonna work, but it's happened!!!

I don't believe anywhere in this thread did I say "all bowhunters should shoot Rage". I simply stated what I believed to be obvious things. I've stated numerous times on here my relationship with Rage so it wasn't something new I divulged.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got into this by simply stating that everybody should check their BH, fixed or mechanical and that laughing and mocking a kid (it was stated originally that he was) isn't the right way to go about it.
Unfortunately, you missed the part where he said he had unfavorable outcomes with Fixed BH's not passing through, and was now gonna try RAGE of all things.....

That's where he was given a little guidance..... And he got a little ****y and really sounded like he didn't really know what he was talking about. This thread is more about someone lacking knowledge and refusing to really listen to the voice of reason than a bash on Rage, or "mocking a kid." If the kid read the whole thread, he may have been a bit enlightened, and potentially rethought some of his statements. If not, then the efforts of several of us to help the kid and give him a little guidance at least were voiced and offered up. As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."
Old 08-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, you missed the part where he said he had unfavorable outcomes with Fixed BH's not passing through, and was now gonna try RAGE of all things.....
Amen. If he isn't getting pass throughs with a fixed head like a Thunderhead which has a cutting diameter just slightly over an inch and loses no energy at impact due to mechanical blade deployment then he is in for a real shock the first time he connects with a deer using a mechanical head that opens to a cut diameter of two inches and burns at least a bit of the arrows energy up deploying those big blades.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot Muzzy's for years. EVERY time I knock an arrow on the string I check the broadhead to make sure it screwed in tight and the blades are locked in like they're supposed to be. I'll be doing the same thing this season when I give the Rage 2 blades a try.

It takes 5 seconds but it is important. Rage, Muzzy, field tip, or whatever...I check them all before I shoot every arrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.