Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage thru Mesh Windows >

Rage thru Mesh Windows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage thru Mesh Windows

Old 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rage thru Mesh Windows

Hey guys, I need some help. I am currently shooting rage broadheads and plan to hunt out of a double bull blind. Has anyone shot the 2 and 3 blade rage bh's thru the mesh windows? Will the mesh cause the rage to deploy early. Thanks for any help. I have shot other bh's thru the windows with good luck (spitfire) without opening up.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage thru Mesh Windows

Yes, the 3 blade. The result= a hole the size of a baseball TORN not cut through the mesh screen. My arrow hit 4 feet to the left and 3 feet low at 25 yds. They are not designed to be shot through these ground blinds. The tip is not sharp enough to cut the material, instead it shreds and rips through the screen which will deflect the arrow. Try it for yourself. I passed up a buck that ended up scoring 148" nontypical because the only shot I had was through the screen at 15 yds. I hadn't shot through the screen prior and wasn't anticipating doing so until that moment. I went back to the the lodge and set up my ground blind and shot through it b/c the decision to pass up that deer ate at me and I wanted to see how well the rage worked in this scenario. I made the right decision not to shoot. Now I use the G5 striker with great success in and out of ground blinds.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

The feedback I have received on shooting mechanicals in general through mesh is Not good.

I wouldn't do it!

Dan
Old 07-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love the G5 Striker...[/align]
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

man viewed 75 times but only 3 responses.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a 2 blade thru once and one side opened up. So I'll only shoot fixed blades thru now.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion no mechanicals should be shot thru mesh windows. Suprisingly rages website says both the 2 and 3 blades will shoot through the mesh on qaulity blinds without deploying. The way I see it, if something can go wrong while bowhunting it will, special at the moment of truth. So I try to do my best to take out as many variabls as I can, that way less things have a chance to go wrong when that big one is standing in front of me.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79

In my opinion no mechanicals should be shot thru mesh windows. Suprisingly rages website says both the 2 and 3 blades will shoot through the mesh on qaulity blinds without deploying. The way I see it, if something can go wrong while bowhunting it will, special at the moment of truth. So I try to do my best to take out as many variabls as I can, that way less things have a chance to go wrong when that big one is standing in front of me.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I have heard Rages were not too good thru mesh.....
I still plan to use the 2 blades for hunting this year but, will look to other heads outta a mesh window.
Didn't the Double BUll guys use Mini Blasters thru the mesh in thier vids.....seem to be one mech head that did work well thru the mesh.