Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks in Wi

Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bucks in Wi

Well the time of the year has come where the bone is really starting to show. Ive been seeing some pretty promising sign the last couple weeks. Last year wasnt so promising. My father inlaw was cultivating our corn fields on Monday and saw 3 really nice bucks come out of the woods to visit him. One was a big big 8-10 point, the other two were nice 6-8 points. Now if theyjust stickaround. Ill be putting my cam out here in a week or soto seewhat Ican catch on film. Weve been seeing a few does and fawns as well. Its strange, we hadnt seen any deer or even any sign of deer since Feb. and all of a sudden they are back. The fields are full of mature deer sign. This has me pumped. My new bow is shooting tight and fast and is ready to go. Just have to decide what broadheads or mechanicals I want to try this year.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bucks in Wi

Good luck, that's good news. Chances are since they are in their summer pattern, they should be there well into archery season unless some extreme outside force pushes them off.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I agree the bucks around here seem to finally be catching up with the rest of the world too. I seen a real dandy at my inlaws tonite. Yet to see any good developement around my place yet though. As soon as my apple trees start dropping heavily I will be seeing the big ones around here.
Which direction from Neillsville are you? I always saw a lot of deer on County G when I was heading home from Rapids.
Can't wait to see some of your pics on the trail cam forum again.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Right on! I finally got a good pic of one with some good bone on it last weekend... things are really getting exciting in the South Central.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: appleater25

Right on! I finally got a good pic of one with some good bone on it last weekend... things are really getting exciting in the South Central.
Where are you at in South Central WI?

I've seen one pretty 6 pointer the last few times I went for hikes on one of the local trails, he's getting some good growth going, but I haven't seen a while lot more other than him and few nubbies.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Baraboo...i see you're not too far away!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: appleater25

Baraboo...i see you're not too far away!
LOL, No, not too far at all. That's cool. We may have to get together for a few "beverages" sometime
Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I live right in Neillsville, but have property south of Neillsville off 73/95.County G is west of town and yes there are some dandys out that way same with north of Neillsville, but dont let the Black Riverbucks fool you, they tend to stay in hiding untilrut. Im happy I have property along the river...

ORIGINAL: WIbuckchaser

Yeah I agree the bucks around here seem to finally be catching up with the rest of the world too. I seen a real dandy at my inlaws tonite. Yet to see any good developement around my place yet though. As soon as my apple trees start dropping heavily I will be seeing the big ones around here.
Which direction from Neillsville are you? I always saw a lot of deer on County G when I was heading home from Rapids.
Can't wait to see some of your pics on the trail cam forum again.