Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin >

trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin

Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin

I don't have all the zoom capabilities of some. Just taking the picture as posted. It would be helpful to know the weed height. But I'm kinda with Antler Eater on this one, Looks like a doe relieving herself at firt glance..
Old 06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I've blown it up. It's a bobcat.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bobcat no doubt in my mind. we have them everywhere here in Mo. although you wont see alot of them. last year i watched two attack and kill a rabbit. it was pretty cool
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt, that is a bobcat. Cool pic, thanks for sharing it!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is definatly a bobcat. no doubt about it.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dczys

when i zoom way in on it it looks like its crouching down, and the pic was taken in southern Juneau county. its pretty cool, woul dyou think if theres one of em theres gotta be more of em?
Its possible there could be more but most likely it is a wondering tom that has just been cruising since being a juvenile. Bobcats and mt lions are pretty solitary animals except for breeding season. There may be another around the area but not likely to be in this ones territory unless there is a female around which is possible or it may just be a traveling male moving through the area. Considering your location I'd say there isn't but a handle full around the county or even larger area than that and you'll be lucky to see them ever. The one we had around us we only saw twice in a year and a half and there was a male and female around too that others had seen but haven't heard of anyone seein them for about a year now. Hopefully you'll be lucky enough to see him first hand from the treestand or something. Cool to see for those uf us who don't have many around. WCL
Old 06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny how we look at the exact same photo and see something entirely different. I too enlarged the photo, in doing so I will have to amend my previous statement. Itis not a bedded deer, it is a deer moving through vegetation that is fairly tall.

I can see the left front leg "curled up" high stepping through the foilage as well as the back right leg positioned behind the body in a stepping motion. It's head is turned slightly to the right giving it the appearance of a shorter muzzle than whatwe normallysee whenlooking at a deer(hence a cat like look), but the ears are a dead give away, way to long for a bobcat, and they are pointing about three quarters of the way back ward. The ears are not even close to the shape of a cat.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

....Well that is until I look at the enlargedimage I can only assume everyone else sees...Everything I said above is true, IF one was looking at the same image I was looking at...obviously that isn't the case.

Old Antler stands down in favor of those with better equipment and the knowledge to put it touse.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol you deer guessers are funny. Look at the darker ground behind the cat. That is bare ground, no vegetation and the cat is just to the left of it so the vegetation infront of the cat is not very high so it can't be a deer. Plus as I mentioned before look at the cat in comparison to the twisted big tree to the right. Almost the same distance from camera as the cat so I would put the animal at about 30-35" long so not a deer. WCL
Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

Funny how we look at the exact same photo and see something entirely different. I too enlarged the photo, in doing so I will have to amend my previous statement. It definitely is not a bedded deer, it is a deer moving through vegetation that is fairly tall.

I can see the left front leg "curled up" high stepping through the foilage as well as the back right leg positioned behind the body in a stepping motion. It's head is turned slightly to the right giving it the appearance of a shorter muzzle than whatwe normallysee whenlooking at a deer(hence a cat like look), but the ears are a dead give away, way to long for a bobcat, and they are pointing about three quarters of the way back ward. The ears are not even close to the shape of a cat. However until I enlarged the photo I could not see these details as well. No doubt in my mind now....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Are you serious??? When I get home I going to enlarge this and post. If that indeed is a deer I'm going to be very disappointed in myself.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just zoomed in on a the pic at work. The program won't allow me to save the changes to the photo. "After further review, the play stands." That is a bobcat without a doubt. If anyone thinks that is a deer they need to re-evalute their animal recognition skills.

Quick Reply: trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.