HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin
Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 PM
2 Lunger
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trial cam pic... bobcat/or lion? Wisconsin

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

Funny how we look at the exact same photo and see something entirely different. I too enlarged the photo, in doing so I will have to amend my previous statement. It definitely is not a bedded deer, it is a deer moving through vegetation that is fairly tall.

I can see the left front leg "curled up" high stepping through the foilage as well as the back right leg positioned behind the body in a stepping motion. It's head is turned slightly to the right giving it the appearance of a shorter muzzle than whatwe normallysee whenlooking at a deer(hence a cat like look), but the ears are a dead give away, way to long for a bobcat, and they are pointing about three quarters of the way back ward. The ears are not even close to the shape of a cat. However until I enlarged the photo I could not see these details as well. No doubt in my mind now....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Are you serious??? When I get home I going to enlarge this and post. If that indeed is a deer I'm going to be very disappointed in myself.