Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eagle Oneida

Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Eagle Oneida

You dont even know how excited I am. I went to my Gf grandparents and I saw he had an Oneida and he said he couldnt pull it anymore and that I could hunt with it next season. Ive wanted to shoot one of these bows since the first time I saw one online. I didnt get to shoot it that day but I drew it and the draw was really really smooth. He said he loved the bow but said it was a little noisy, and that i might wanna quiet it down a little. But if ya have one or have shot one, please give me a little info on em, thanks
Old 05-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Eagle Oneida

Smoothest bow you will ever shoot.They are loud but I never had that be an issue.Might try every sims product in every place imaginable to quiet it down.

I never had any issues with mine but when they have problems,there is alot that can go wrong with the cables and such.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

double post
Old 05-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Youl never get a smoother drawing bow! I want one BAD to set up for bowfishing! but alas......i have no money.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem I ever had was failing to pull the bow back at my setup right away to see if there is anything in the way of the limbs when you pull it back. I missed an opportunity at the biggest buck of my life when I failed to draw the bow before he came and when the time came there just happened to be a big limb just low enough so I couldn't draw the bow. Another time I missed a doe because when I let the arrow fly my bottom riser hit a limb after I released the arrow.
These bows are a little on the heavy side and a little awkward but they are pretty fast, but like others have said they are a little noisy.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 not listed in my sig...love'em both, great bows to shoot...but a little to heavy for me these days...I really like to practice with them though.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Bartender

Eagle was the first compound I have ever used and loved it. I gave it to my dad and since his passing
my brother has and he said hunt with it anytime I want. I may just do that this coming fall.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Spike

Congrats on your new Oneida bow. You`ll love it. I`ve shot them all my life. If you have any questions about it, click on the Oneida weblink that is posted in my signature. They can answer any questions you might have.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tnt1960

Congrats on your new Oneida bow. You`ll love it. I`ve shot them all my life. If you have any questions about it, click on the Oneida weblink that is posted in my signature. They can answer any questions you might have.
thanks for the site, yea i cant wait to go and get the bow set up and start shootin it.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Strike Eagle and its a good shooting bow. Like everyone has said they are a bit noisy. I rarely use mine anymore, but i might just get it out and shoot it some.