Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone use the NUGENTBLADE? >

Anyone use the NUGENTBLADE?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use the NUGENTBLADE?

Old 05-01-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Anyone use the NUGENTBLADE?

Has/Does anyone use the NUGENTBLADE Broadhead? How do you like it?

Thanks

Old 05-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use the NUGENTBLADE?

kreg, I am a 10 year member of Ted Nugent United Sportsmen and about 3 or 4 years ago they had a member special buy one pack ( 6 in a pack) and get one free so I ordered them and tried them out. The majority of them flew great but there were 3 or 4 that were really bad. I switched the bad ones and good ones from arrow to arrow, and it definitely ended up being the suspect heads flew bad no matter what. The ones that flew good were excellent. I used them shooting groundhogs that summer and they really did a number on them. One positive was that they were very sharp out of the package, and were very easy to resharpen. They tore the groundhogs up, but I never used them on deer. I was up at Ted' s store in Michigan before it closed, and talked to Paul, who was the store manager and still works as a guide at Sunrize Acres, not long after I used them. He said that they did have some bad batches at that time and that I probably had some of those. It was supposed to be corrected. Like I said that was a few years ago. All of the Nuge blades are made by Magnus, so it is a good head. I might try the new Nugent Blade design, it is the same but with vents in the blades, and see how they do to possibly use in Idaho elk hunting this sept. If I do I will post my feelings on them. I saw Ted shooting them on of the recent shows and he mentioned that they would be out soon. May be out by now, I will have to check and see.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those heads are made for Ted by Magnus. It is basicly the same head as the Magnus screw in line. I tested a 125 grn nugent side by side with a regular 125 grn magnus head. Both preformed excellent. It takes a bit more fletching to control them, but with a well tuned bow and some tweaking the fly great and are really tough.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same as a magnus , Great broadhead . They have allways flown great for me . Uncle Teddy did a show where he was pulling 50 lbs , he shot a zebra and got a pass thru and recovered the animal quickly . Sometimes they will come lose from the screw in ferrel they come with , all thats needed is some hot melt glue and spin um to check for allinement . They are easy to sharpen and not too expensive . Uncle Teddy allways says if it worked for the native americans for hundreds of years , it will work today . I think its an excellent design especialy if you are shooting lower weight or lighter arrows . Year before last I shot two deer with them and both went down within my sight . I love it when that happens . Lots of advise from others said " they will plane " but I never had that happen . They have allways grouped better than other broadheads I' ve shot .