Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats your ground blind?? >

Whats your ground blind??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your ground blind??

Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats your ground blind??

You kill me, Bob...lol. You prod and prod until you get to call people names.
Tee-hee You may be the first person I've ever called "a Name" on here and I bit my tongue for the better part of 4 years to avoid that..

I know your next move too...we all do...! [:-]
Old 05-06-2009, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

No next move, Bob.

You're on your own (and doing a fine job)!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OklaBowhunter

My two cents for what it worth.

My DB blind is atleast six years old. Been through many battles from rats eating the hole in bottom to zipper broke from hard use. Called Primos and ask about how much to repair everthing including new mesh. They said send it in with $35.00. Thats to fix it all and ship it back. I was more than willing to pay $100.00. Thats why DB and Prmios will be around a long time. You wont find better service.

This blind is left out alot during deer season for years. You wont find a better built blind.

you are right OK.... Primos / DB really do stand by their products...

I did buy a cheap blind at Dick's one time... can't remember the brand or even the price.. but just got it to leave at one spot. It did it's job... but i left it out all winter... not too smart, i know... and it was pretty much ruined come spring... all of the material was weathered and torn.
I did leave a DB out all winter as well... and it was fine come spring... one hole chewed in the bottom by the back window... no camo fade, no weathering or tear..
I do not plan on leaving them out over the winter again though..

Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like all of the Ground max blinds... I have a Ameristep Outback blind but the material is very week and is NOT good for winter time. I was dissapointed in it but whatever i guess...
Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 PM

GMMAT,

I am a little confused on your remark as to comparing a bowtech to a bear!? Are you implying that a bear bow is not as good as a bowtech? I shoot a bear showdown and when out looking for a bow I shot the rock, diamond but still made by bowtech, being as though it was in the same price range, I liked the feel of the showdown better and chose it over the rock, the parker trailblazer, the PSE stinger, and the reflex big horn. I understand your point on buying quality equipment and I bought what was in my price range and felt most comfortable to me... I am just curious not calling you out!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Sorry I got off topic!!! I am still wondering if there is something I can do about my arm hitting the back of the blind???
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

One of the many things to consider, when makinga bow purchase, is resale value. I never kept a compound for too long, so I always kept that in mind. It's no secret that resale on BT's; Mathews;Hoyts outperforms most others.

If given the choice between a BT and a Bear (with cost not being a factor).....which one would you shoot?

As far as "value"....I've stated I feel the ASAT is probably the better value (of the ones I'm familiar with). If money is no object.....the DB is the top of the line (again....my opinion).

Bear makes a great bow.....and until recently, I owned one. No argument, here.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry for the double post.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

I picked up a killzone blind from amozon,compared to the popup i used before this thing is big.Plenty of room to draw and lots of windows,seems to be made good too,so far very happy with it.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have a DB T2 in predator brown. Great blind, lightweight, packs easy.

Quick Reply: Whats your ground blind??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.