Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV >

Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Back from my ATV Trip, Hatfield McCoy, WV

Bad news, Gilbert was about washed off the map last week. Floods totally demolished it. My mother woke up and saw the tug river rose like 12ft overnight and was in the yard.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Spike

Your exactly right. I live an hour south of Gilbert in Wyoming Co, which is the next County over and Gilbert was completely flooded away last weekend. They had over 8 ft of water in that downtown area that you rode your 4-Wheeler in. The 7-11, Rite-Aid, and Wendy's was all completely destroyed.

Hundreds of people's homes were destroyed from high waters. It's a sad thing. It'll take that town a year to recover. I know because the same thing happened to use here in the little town of Mullens back in 2001. We had 14 feet of water come through our downtown. 29 of 30businesses in town were completely destroyed.

As you stated though, the people in this area are amazing. Southern WV is the butt end of many jokes across the rest of the country, but we have some of the most nicest and educated people in the country as well. How would you like to have put you a climber up at the base of one of those many funnels you passed through on your four-wheeler?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics Brian!