Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Back from hunting trip. >

Back from hunting trip.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Back from hunting trip.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Back from hunting trip.

Well I'm back from my trip with some good news and some not so good news. The good news is that I got 3 deer (2 bucks and 1 doe). The not so good news is I didn't see any deer while I was carrying the muzzleloader.

The details are listed up in the deer forum so I won't go through them here. Suffice it to say the hunting situation lent itself to more long range CF than medium range ML. The shortest shot I had was 160 yards which I could have made with my inline with no problem but I had my 30-30 at the time. My oldest son missed the first deer he has ever shot at and my youngest son did not get a chance to shoot at anything.

We had fun and have a little meat for the freezer which is the main reason for the hunting trip. Next time I will be consentrating more on the kids getting something and me getting something with the ML'er's.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Back from hunting trip.

The important part is you shared some good times with your boys, had fun, and filled the freezer. There is always the next time to use the muzzleloader and shoot a couple... Glad to have you and the rest of your crew back safe and sound... Congratulations on the deer taken.