Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Experts On Trophy Rocks? >

Any Experts On Trophy Rocks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Experts On Trophy Rocks?

Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Experts On Trophy Rocks?

After wanting to obtain a trophy rock for a long time (story istheybring in thebig bucks....)....I finally got one and set it out in a place where we intend to move one of our stands to.

This past weekend...the rock is like half the size!!! I wonder what caused this. There is no trail cam there yet, so we don't know what action has been going on there. Could the rain effect it?

I just don't know anything about them, but I guess I expected it to last a little longer. All I know is it would have taken alot of licks for it to become as much smaller as it did in a week!

Does it REALLY BRING IN THE BUCKS???????

Andrea
Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Experts On Trophy Rocks?

A normal mineral block from a feed store will last a year +. Maybe these blocks are designed to dissolve more rapidly.

In any case, the ground below the rock should be saturated with dissolved minerals if the block dissolved naturally. Have the deer shown any interest in pawed/licking the ground around the block???
Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Experts On Trophy Rocks?

they dissolve fast but the ground below them absorbs it and the deer will eat and paw at it, not just the trophy rock......in fact, on my farm the deer dont really "lick" right off the rock, but they eat all the dirt around it for about 3 or 4 months