Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many years

Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Spike

Default how many years

how many seasons did it take to get your first bow kill? This will be fourth and am still looking for that that first kill...I always shoot 3d ranges throughout the summer and shoot very good just havent had everything fall into place while in the treestand
Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how many years

I took my first deer on my 2nd season at the age of 15
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Fork Horn

Took about 6 years i believe. Started bowhunting at 15 and took my first archery deerat 21.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

It took me about 90 minutes worth of bowhunting to stick my first deer. On the next three hunts, I scored on two more deer and a hog. I'd had four hunts totaling less than 10 hours in the woods and had four animals down to show for it. It was more than enough to totally hook me on bow hunting.

That said... my ability as a hunter (or lack there of) had next to nothing to do with my success. I was hunting a target rich environment on management doe and hog hunts. The property's caretaker told me exactly where to go and what to look for. All I did was follow directions, hold still and make the shot.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Took 3 days after i started bow hunting
Old 04-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It only took one year. I started when I was 14 years old. I was shooting a Martin Jaguar. That year I took a mule deer doe. and a cow elk.

Having never hunted whitetail before. When I got stationed in Michigan I was excited! My first season I did not shoot a deer. I could have but chose to pass on immature deer. Last season I took my first Whitetail. a 100" 4x4!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 AM

the first year with a bow in hand i put down a fat doe and a nice 8pt
Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are killing OR tagging different options?

It took me a few years to "tag" a deer, but I killed a 2 deer & a bear the first year hunting (found them a few days too late).
To top it off it was all in the same weekend (a story for another time)...[X(]

I almost gave up the archery sport, due to my foolish/uneducated/inexperienced ways!
Now that I've matured into an archery tagging machine, I know longer take risky shots and give the animal more time to die before bumping them into oblivion...

Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I score in my 1st year of bowhunting. Of course I had "deer" hunted for decades prior, only the weapon was different.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:36 AM
skk

Still waiting...this will be my 3rd year. I had a chance last year at a very small 4 pointer, but passed on the shot.

Quick Reply: how many years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.