Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio vs. Michigan (bowhunting) >

Ohio vs. Michigan (bowhunting)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio vs. Michigan (bowhunting)

Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 AM

Default Ohio vs. Michigan (bowhunting)

Let's not have this evolve into a football (Go Bucks, btw) debate, but I'm transferring up to the Toledo, OH area for work. From a bowhunting/outdoors perspective, what state, in your opinion, would be most advantageous for me to be a resident? I'm leaning towards Michigan...
Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ohio vs. Michigan (bowhunting)

In my opinion Michigan, overall outdoors.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't compare the two because I have never hunted in Ohio before, but Michigan has always had good hunting for me.......ummm.....go Wolverines.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Close call, Probably michigan overall because of the number of lakes. The deer hunting is very good. I suspect Ohio might have more trophy bucs that would score higher. Fishing def. is michigan.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Let's not have this evolve into a football (Go Bucks, btw) debate, but I'm transferring up to the Toledo, OH area for work. From a bowhunting/outdoors perspective, what state, in your opinion, would be most advantageous for me to be a resident? I'm leaning towards Michigan...
Doegirl if you want some help let me know. I live 8 miles from Toledo/Ohio. I have worked in Toledo in the past as well. My wife got her masters from Toledo.

Fishing is only better if you have a big boat Without at least a 17ft boat one cannot take advantage of the great lakes.

Hunting wise for deer, MI does not hold a candle to Ohio. I have hunted my entire life in MI, and the last few years in OH. I would take Ohio in a heartbeat.

Turkey hunting again the nod goes to OH. One can shoot two turkeys in the spring and one in the fall. MI is an application process.

As for cost of livingI give the nod to Ohio also,
Lower Taxes
TORT Car Insurance in OH, NO Fault In MI.

While I would love to have you in MI, Oh is the better choice IMO.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Gary! OH hands down!

Dan
Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Doegirl if you want some help let me know. I live 8 miles from Toledo/Ohio. I have worked in Toledo in the past as well. My wife got her masters from Toledo.

Fishing is only better if you have a big boat Without at least a 17ft boat one cannot take advantage of the great lakes.

Hunting wise for deer, MI does not hold a candle to Ohio. I have hunted my entire life in MI, and the last few years in OH. I would take Ohio in a heartbeat.

Turkey hunting again the nod goes to OH. One can shoot two turkeys in the spring and one in the fall. MI is an application process.

As for cost of livingI give the nod to Ohio also,
Lower Taxes
TORT Car Insurance in OH, NO Fault In MI.

While I would love to have you in MI, Oh is the better choice IMO.
Good Points Gary, the only real draw as for hunting is that I believe Michigan residents can get bear/elk tags (rare draw, but possible) whereas Ohio residents can't. Also, up in that area, the La Su Ann area has some decent fishing and hunting opportunities that are available. I caught 25 bass on one of the little ponds in the La Su Ann area one afternoon in only about 2 hours of fishing, and 2 were near 20" most of the rest over 14" with a couple "small" 12-inchers.

What happened to the Columbus thing Doegirl???
Old 04-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

All personal bias aside (GO BLUE!!!), all-in-all I beleive Michigan would be a better all-around outdoors state. All theoppoutunities that would be available in Ohio, and then some. Maybe not the same trophy caliber as Ohio, but very good overall. Can't beat the beauty of northern MI and the UP. I love it!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohio. Bigger bucks, better turkeys. Land may be hard to find, but i wouldnt know.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 PM

Talking Go bucks

Ohio has good deer and even better football teams go bucks

Quick Reply: Ohio vs. Michigan (bowhunting)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.