Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did I see what I thought I saw >

Did I see what I thought I saw

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did I see what I thought I saw

Old 03-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Did I see what I thought I saw

Was in the store killing time at the magazine section and the new bows were in one of the mags. Did I see the new Hoyts very similar to the BT General with the double limb contact,with Y ends at the riser?

If I did BT is for real when it says catch us if you can. They have really slayed a giant. Congrats!

Old 03-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Did I see what I thought I saw

Even though they deny it, Yes, the Alphamax's went to a large limb pocket. CP design.[8D]
Old 03-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes,they went to a long pocket system but even you have to admit Rob,it is very different in design than the BT CP.The functionality is very similar though,but the long limb pocket is not exclusive to BT either.

The idea is a great idea and I admit that it had me looking at the BT's when they came out.I had other issues(personal preference) with them that kept me from pulling the trigger.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Yes,they went to a long pocket system but even you have to admit Rob,it is very different in design than the BT CP.The functionality is very similar though,but the long limb pocket is not exclusive to BT either.

The idea is a great idea and I admit that it had me looking at the BT's when they came out.I had other issues(personal preference) with them that kept me from pulling the trigger.

I know T, I'm funnin with all ya'll. Hell even the DXT has a LONG limb pocket. [8D] And to think, Mathews used to advertise that the 2 cam is history and now they come out with the Monster.

Fun times, fun time.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I know T, I'm funnin with all ya'll. Hell even the DXT has a LONG limb pocket. [8D] And to think, Mathews used to advertise that the 2 cam is history and now they come out with the Monster.

Fun times, fun time.

They also claim to have "invented" single cam technology. That's about like when Gore claimed to have invented the internet.[&:]

It is definately a fun time with technology.If you can't find something that you like in this market,you just aren't looking.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Fun times, fun time.
You have to do what sells, and like it or not the Monster is going to sell like hot cakes. Why not go to a dual cam if you plan on making the smoothest, fastest, most efficient dual cam bow?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Spike

If I did BT is for real when it says catch us if you can.
I believe this is Mathews claim to fame, not bowtech.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Could be HoytPa I just heard someone else say it in an article, maybe the same article I was looking at.

Point is everybody used to try and catch up with Hoyt!

I don't understand the "large limb pocket". Seems to me it's just there to get the bow some brace and use ultra short limbs. I could see it if that extra kicker off the riser was loadable like leaf springs on a car. (Sendroyalties too...)
Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nodog

Could be HoytPa I just heard someone else say it in an article, maybe the same article I was looking at.

Point is everybody used to try and catch up with Hoyt!

I don't understand the "large limb pocket". Seems to me it's just there to get the bow some brace and use ultra short limbs. I could see it if that extra kicker off the riser was loadable like leaf springs on a car. (Send royalties too...)

The whole point behind the center pivot is reflex bows with reflex balance and speed with the back side of the pocket directly over your hand making it react like a stright riser or even a deflexed one.That along with shooting with less shock and recoil.

The IDEA has been around a long time.The BT design is very different than the original and Hoyt's design is "similar" to BT's.

You have to do what sells, and like it or not the Monster is going to sell like hot cakes. Why not go to a dual cam if you plan on making the smoothest, fastest, most efficient dual cam bow?

You obviously don't remember all the adds on why 2 cams aren't good and why the 1 cams are far superior to the cam 1/2.The cam 1/2 is as bad as a 2 cam and so forth.Now jump forward a few years and they are building a 2 cam.

You have to admit,it is just a little humorous.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats marketing. Thats what you do. You brag up your product and make it seem as others are inferior. Now they make dual cams unlike anyone else. It is uncharacteristic for Mathews to go with a dual cam, but they saw a chance and took it. Mathews saw that the dual-cam bows could be brought up a notch, so they did it.

Right now Mathews is just playing the game. Right now the name of the game is SPEED, everyone wants SPEED. Speed is overrated, but right now it is paying off. Look at PSE, they came out with the X-force and it sold like hot cakes because all people could see was 348 fps. OH WOW. Then they come up with the slogan "you've been caught" or something... Seriously? Like speed is the only factor to make a good bow? So because PSE brought out this fast, low brace, unforgiving, rough drawing bow, and now they claim to have "caught" Mathews?! Really?? Come on!

So Mathews has to play along. What sells? Obviously, this speed garbage right now. So they say lets make a speed bow. Well, we cant get 350-360 out of a single cam. So lets do it with a dual cam. So they do. Now its the first or second fastest bow on the market..(Omen may be #1) and it has the MATHEWS name on it. So guess what... Its gonna fly off the shelves!! People ordered it before it was/is even released. People have orders for it right now! Who does that before they shoot a bow?! Thats just nuts. PEOPLE WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT SPEED. Thats who preorders a bow theyve never shot. A smart individual that buys bows based on performance does not do that blind buying crap.

So to appeal to the consumer, lets put out SPEED. Think about it, if you want to make money in todays Archery business, what kind of bow would you want to sell?

Quick Reply: Did I see what I thought I saw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.