HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Just a friendly wager!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/289314-just-friendly-wager.html)

bigcountry 03-16-2009 01:42 PM

RE: Just a friendly wager!!!

First shot, for me, I would have probably a 1 in 2 chance of pulling it off. Maybe 1 in 3. So I don't bet unless its a sure thing. So I would say no.

Whats funny is there is 2 persons on here who were known that they said they could pull off 4" groups at 60 yards. I was at a BBQ, and we broke out the bows, and I looked at them and said, lets see it. So first arrow clean miss, second, 5" from teh center, third was (I ain't doing this). I then shot a 3" group.

I love friendly bets like this.

sixgunluvr 03-16-2009 01:59 PM

I'd go $5....chances are slim though on a first shot no warm up. I definately do not have the confidence to put $50 on it. I'm sure there are 3d/target shooters that would put $50 on it.

MeanV2 03-16-2009 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

No, drock that was in no way intended for you. I was just expounding on a local guy that thinks hes the worlds greatest archer. This question just got me thinking about how I could hear this guy guaranteeing he would hit it.
Fair enough;)

Dan, I dont know if i would be able to stand there with that kinda pressure lol!
You mean you might duck and run?

I'm with Ya!:D

Dan

TFOX 03-16-2009 04:22 PM

You know the old saying,a fool and his money.;)

I will rarely wager anything and when I do,it is very little.

I just tried it to see what would happen.I was 2" high so I would have missed.BUT,come to find out,I never had fine tuned my 40 and 45 with 3-d arrows.Guess what,the 40 IS 2" high.[&:]

Ben / PA 03-16-2009 04:59 PM

I'd take that 50 dollar bet everytime without blinking. The 500 take me about 30 seconds to say "let's get it on.":D

im ocd 03-16-2009 05:07 PM

No I don't think I could, because the pressure of losing $$$ would be my focus, not the shot.
No sure thing even without the money.

treboryerf 03-16-2009 05:26 PM

i would like to take that bet with all those guys that say hell yea lets do it,come on, first shot in 2 weeks and hit a skoal can at 40 yards with no warm up,i would win 9 out of ten times.

ksfowler 03-16-2009 05:37 PM

If the bet was to hit the target that the cope can was on i would take it in a heart beat. i dont even have a 40 yard pin on my sight. the longest shot i have made is 30-33 even then i was a little nervous.

GMMAT 03-16-2009 05:44 PM

LOL....I hear ya, BC.

Last "world class" shooter that came to my house stuck my McKenzie buck in the leg with his first shot from 35.

iamyourhuckleberry 03-16-2009 05:48 PM

Me too Rob.