Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Built in rangefinder in a sight??? >

Built in rangefinder in a sight???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Built in rangefinder in a sight???

Old 03-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default RE: Built in rangefinder in a sight???

lol...you guys are as critical as me. I actually was wondering if 3d guys were using them. I never have a clear shot past 25 yds in the thick woods I hunt and I don't need to judge distance so critical.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

that would be illegal on a 3d course.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

that would be illegal on a 3d course.
X2

The sales pitch at the IL Deer classic did get old by the end of the weekend.

Dan
Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, I remember when I started shooting a recurve they had one that was suppose to do the same thing. The sight pins were 4 different size circles made out of wire. The biggest was probably a half inch round. In theory you just put the top of the ring on a deer and if the bottom touched his belly, well you just let the arrow go and the deer is dead. LOL Problem is, I started deer hunting in the Texas Hillcountry. A really BIG BIG deer might field dress 125 pounds. LOL I shot the biggest doe shot on Camp Bullis one year out of 750 does. She dressed at 112. LOL
Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

What a joke!! What's next?? Pretty soon they'll be shooting the deer for ya too.
x2.... I got into bowhunting specifically because I wanted more of a challenge. And I recently got into traditional archery just a couple weeks ago (shootinga Bear supermag 48 recurve), so I guess I'm going in the opposite direction.Don't get me wrong, I will utilizeproducts to helpme. I do use a rangefinder, but most of the time I range trees and such so I already know my surroundings in terms of yardage. A laser-rangefinder-sight is a little too much for me.

ps.---I have a lot of respect for you trad. archery guys.. Until I first started shooting a trad. bow, I had no idea how different/instinctive/more challenging it is... But so much fun
Old 03-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seriously, I've never had a rangefinder nor' do I have the need for one. I rarely will have a shot over 20 yards and if I would happen to get a shot opportunity at a longer range I wouldn't need it anyway. Just in practice I've found that I can judge distances pretty good.

It's a good idea but I don't it will be a big hit.