Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology? >

New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Spike

Default New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology?

What do you guys think? I was just sitting in the stand the other day looking at my pin sight and thought to myself, would they one day make/build in a auto range finder into your pin sight? This is how it would work. When you look through your peep through pin sight, the range shows up in your pin sight. Of course you still have your pin. Forget all the range finders that you have to pick up to range the deer, some people have no time for that. Like me. If only i had the money to make this, i'd be a millionaire. I would be pretty PO'ed if someone did come up with this technology!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology?

i have come up with 2 amazing ideas this season while in the stand, but cannot remember them now.[&:] i usually remember them while im hunting but have nothing to right my ideas down on lol
Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology?

How does this device know what to focus on to range it?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

By settleing your pin sight on the object/deer. The pin will act the like cross hairs in your range finder.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: monster6

By settleing your pin sight on the object/deer. The pin will act the like cross hairs in your range finder.

But i have 6 different pins!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

So it ranges the deer?A limb, in-between? Legal (laser sights aren't in MANY states)?

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 AM

Good luck.
x2....... I was thinking of making range finder sunglasses. Look hawt while in the stand.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Predator19

I suggest you take 3 off. haha, that I have no figured out yet. I was only thinking it would only work for single pin. BUTT!! What you can do is have a button, just like on your range finder and put the pin on it and press it. Depending on how many pins you have, Put the button at the front of your grip of the bow. and when you are ready press it and it will give you your range. Keep in mind, each pin has its own button. for example, 3 pins, 3 buttons.!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:33 AM

Would be a nice idea, but flawed.

Illegal in some states, anything electronic on the bow sights.
Multi pin sights, which do you use?
How would you trigger it to range..or does it constantly range things 24/7?

Fanciful idea, just not very practical right now.

GMMAT, the branch theory is moot, there could be a branch inbetween your handheld rangefinder and a deer just the same as your sights and a deer.

EDITED: posted at same time, saw your answers...multi buttons gets too complex, still doesnt eliminate the fact it would be illegal in alot of states.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Predator19

I suggest you take 3 off. haha, that I have no figured out yet. I was only thinking it would only work for single pin. BUTT!! What you can do is have a button, just like on your range finder and put the pin on it and press it. Depending on how many pins you have, Put the button at the front of your grip of the bow. and when you are ready press it and it will give you your range. Keep in mind, each pin has its own button. for example, 3 pins, 3 buttons.!
THe prob is that when you change your anchor point(peep) its going to affect the range finder directly.

Quick Reply: New Invention!! Pin sight with built in laser range finder technology?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.