Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 inserts, vanes, and noks weight? >

inserts, vanes, and noks weight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

inserts, vanes, and noks weight?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 AM

Default inserts, vanes, and noks weight?

Shaft and broadhead aside, how much does the insert, vanes, and noks weigh approximately individually?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: inserts, vanes, and noks weight?

For what arrows are you asking? If carbon then the typical insert weighs about 15 grains. Nock is about 12 grains. As for vanes it can vary a lot. Typical 4" vanes can weigh from just about 8 grains each to over 12 grains (I've weighed them). Then there are low profile vanes like the Duravane LP 400 that weigh 6.5 grains each. Blazer being popular these days weigh in at 5.5 grains. Then there are feathers that weigh about 3 grains for a 4"er. The new Rayzrs weigh 2 grains each.

If you want to talk about the inserts for Fat shafts or aluminum then these can weigh as much as 35 grains or more.

The values of nocks and inserts will vary a little from each manufacturer, but these are close.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Thank you for your reply. I have the Trophy Ridge arrows and just found out that the insert weighs 23 grains. The arrows come with Duravane Predator vanes and I am going to replace the noks with the QAD tune-a-noks.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd imagine many scale vary from scale to scale. BG has Blazers at 5.5 grains, my digital has them at 6, 3 for 18.

The new Fusion from Duravanes weigh in at 8 grains however, 3 weigh in at 22 grains.

Like BGF said, it really depends on what arrow, what insert, what nock, what fletch you are truly interested in. The same 2" Vanetec weighs in at less than the previous two forementioned vanes.