HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Crossbows aloud during bow season poll (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/288165-crossbows-aloud-during-bow-season-poll.html)

niehenke 03-02-2009 04:54 PM

RE: Crossbows aloud during bow season poll

I hunt in PA and I would like to propose a compromise. Get rid of the riffles and allow 3 weeks of x-bows. Problem solved. I use a riffle in PA and it just doesn't do it for me any more. I could give it up in a minute if someone changed it to an x-bow season.

Rob/PA Bowyer 03-02-2009 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

I think if a modern, scoped, compondwith 99% let off shooting 350 fps with a trigger release is allowed to be shot hidden in a pop up blind, then letting crossbows in is a given.

Steve
Who makes that?

hunting junkie 03-02-2009 07:29 PM

They have it here in indiana in the late season archery. I like that but really would not care if it was the whole season

craitchky 03-03-2009 03:53 AM

It really would not matter to me, they are archery equipment. And other than having 100% letoff and being easier to aim, they do not offer any real advantage over trad or compound bows. They are louder, heavier, bulkier, and do not have the range that modern componds have. I say let them in.

SteveBNy 03-04-2009 03:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I think if a modern, scoped, compondwith 99% let off shooting 350 fps with a trigger release is allowed to be shot hidden in a pop up blind, then letting crossbows in is a given.

Steve
Who makes that?
Concept archery for one - meets everything but the 350fps. But they are at 318 IBO.Several others as well.
Monster bows up to 92%. Firebrand was 99%.
The technology is there and being used.

Steve

vmartin 03-04-2009 05:03 AM

i don't believe a crossbow should ever be allowed in a bow season except for handicap people. it is just like a gun. i know in kansas after talking to the legislators in charge here that that will never happen. for anyone interested, they also said that the rifle season will never be pushed any closer to the rut than it is right now, kansas will be a bow state for a long time to come.

SteveBNy 03-04-2009 05:06 AM

it is just like a gun.
What crossbow uses gun powder as a propellant?

Steve

hardcorehunter 03-04-2009 05:31 AM

Crossbows don't bother me. It takes a special breed to be a bow hunter anyway and most hunters won't have what it takes to be a successful bow hunter, so I don't see allowing a few guys to run around with a crossbow affecting us "purists, hardcore bowhunters".

hardcorehunter 03-04-2009 05:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Steve
Who makes that?
lol..yea...never heard of a bow like that.

SteveBNy 03-04-2009 06:00 AM

Again:

Concept archery for one - meets everything but the 350fps. But they are at 318 IBO.Several others as well.
Monster bows up to 92%. Firebrand was 99%.
The technology is there and being used.