Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 REST VS WHISKER BISKETS >

REST VS WHISKER BISKETS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

REST VS WHISKER BISKETS

Old 04-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default REST VS WHISKER BISKETS

What are most of you using an arrow rest or a whisker bisket and why?
If they are the same thing please tell me. I still shoot off a old style rest that came on my 1980 Peason Bow. I am getting a new Hoyt Razortec and want to set it up
THE RIGHT WAY

boldplate
Old 04-21-2003, 05:47 PM

Default RE: REST VS WHISKER BISKETS

I am shooting the new whisker buscuit because its simple. The less moving parts the less chance of something going wrong. Plus the whisker holds my arrow.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

I use a 2 prong rest never had a arrow fall off,not yet anyways.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:27 PM

i have been thinking about going to a whisker bisket but am leary of them, i can' t see how something like that could help improve flight. I know they help with holding the arrow in place, but could someone please give me more info on these, I am shooting a PSE Nova 70# draw weight and 28 inch draw with PSE Carbon Force arows and 100gr 4 blade muzzy' s.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Spike

Boldplate,
I put the whisker biscuit on my wife' s bow and it shoots great. I put it on mine and mine shot great...but it made a little more racket on the draw because I shoot wrapped carbon arrows. It would probably be fine for elk but I can' t imagine a whitetail sitting there while I made that much noise. I won' t change my setup based on what I' m hunting so I put my bodoodle rest back on.
When I elk hunt I don' t walk around with an arrow nocked so I' m not missing the major advantage of the whisker biscuit. The dealer at my local pro shop hates the biscuit. I have one that you can try if you' d like. Its brand new. I shot it for about a day. If you don' t like it you can send it back to me. If you do like it you can keep it and send me a check. Its for aluminum arrows but it works well on the larger wrapped carbon. Post a reply and if you want it I' ll give you my email address.
Will
Old 04-22-2003, 06:24 PM

I switched to a biscuit this year and really like it. Shoots very accurate and holds the arrows in place while hunting. It is a full capture rest that evenly disrtubutes contact to the fletching. In the past, fletching contact was considered bad and was the cause for poor arrow flight. With this rest, contact is made evenly across all the fletching of the arrow as it passes through. I feel this contact also helps stabilize the arrow flight. No noticable decrease in arrow speed. It is a good rest.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:34 PM

I shoot a Bodoodle Zapper 300, and after a little trouble tuning at first, it is great. Holds the arrow very well, no problems with the arrow getting knocked off as of yet.
I havent hunted with it yet, just a little 3D and fields. The 3D was at a practice range in some thick cover and no problems.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the GKF Power Drop, Miriage and the Shootout.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quiet drawing is achieved with the use of Smooth carbons.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:39 PM

I like the whisker biscuit because it is simple, quiet, accurate, durable, and dependable.Rain, snow, sleet, or high winds this rest still works. The same rest that I shot my deer with last fall perfectly supports my heavy fishing arrow for Carp in summer. This is a low maintenance rest that digests muddy grass covered blunt tipped arrows without a hiccup and doesn' t go out of tune. If your arrow bumps a twig or snags grass this rest quietly recenters your arrow, this is the only rest I know of that does this. There is no metal for the arrow to clank or rattle on when the arrow is on this rest, and you don' t need tape, nailpolish, or moleskin to prepare it to hunt with either, it will work fine right out of the package as is. Archery is a lot more fun when you don' t have to worry about your rest.

Quick Reply: REST VS WHISKER BISKETS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.