Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone shooting Starrflight FOB's >

Anyone shooting Starrflight FOB's

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone shooting Starrflight FOB's

Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone shooting Starrflight FOB's

I just ordered a dozen Starrflight FOB's. Anyone using them or tried them out?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone shooting Starrflight FOB's

I got the urge to try them towards the end of this last bow season. I slapped them on my arrows and headed outside to see how they shot. The p.o.i. was the same with FOB's as it was with field tips. I then screwed on my 100 gr. Muzzy's and started shooting. I couldn't believe how well they stabilized a fixed blade head even in high winds. I can honestly say that I got better groups with my broadheads at longer ranges, 50-60 yds., with the FOB's than I did with my blazer vanes. I ended up shooting a mature doe with the FOB's and it worked as advertised. The FOB popped off right at the spot of impact and it certainly didn't hurt the penetration as the arrow was buried about 8" in the dirt on the other side of the doe. I will most likely be using them from here on out on my hunting set up. I like the ease of popping off a damaged one, popping on a new one, and being back in business.

The only downside I have found with them is shooting groups. Once they are damaged, even slightly, it affects their accuracy.

The set up I shot the deer with was an Elite Synergy 62#/29", Easton ST Axis 400's, Limbdriver rest and a 100 gr. 3 blade muzzy.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone shooting Starrflight FOB's

I have not hunted with them, but a friend gave me a couple to try awhile back....I now carry one in my hip quiver for 3D on a windy day....it shoots almost the exact same POI as my blazers. It shoots much better in the wind though... I am hoping to get a tube sometime soon and give them a try with my BH's and see what they are going to be like while hunting.