Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speaking of Man Caves. >

Speaking of Man Caves.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speaking of Man Caves.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Speaking of Man Caves.

looks great!!!

cant wait to have my own house!!

....and man...look at that post....a bunch of old names i havent seen or dont hardly see anymore....and looks like a ton of activity "over there" guess thats where everyone has been hiding and mauser never got the invite lol
Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM

Looks awesome.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love the bar top Rob - I've actually been working on mine the last few nights as well. My "winter project" didn't start til almost spring either

Old 02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

My brother saw the old thread as well and built a workbench in our basement Our space is alot smaller then all of your guys though...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, that counter top looks fantastic! Maybe one day I'll actually get toenjoy a beer on it. The whole thing is lookin good bud.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Mottz

You're getting there! That bar turned out real nice!
Thank you, I have a feeling when it's all said and done, especially with what I want to do with the bar area, it'll certainly be a focal point.

BPBowhunter, thanks bud, You'll see it first hand soon.

Thanks Sliverflicker.

Brett thanks, and I hope so, I hope so.

Magicman54494, thank you. I actually never heard of it either til a friend of mine who does concrete came up to give me an estimate for a stained, stamped concrete patio out the French doors at the end of the bar. We stepped inside and he asked me what I was going to do with the bar top. At that point, I did not know and he asked me if I would let him pour it. I said, I never heard of it and he showed me books. Turns out, some kitchens now have poured concrete counter tops. I thought they looked nice and he mentioned he had a form that would make it look like a big slab of slate or marble. Ok, let's do it so when the concrete truck came for the patio we carried buckets of concrete and threw it up on the bar form we had built. He worked it in and I help vibrate it smooth etc...it was already stained brown for the patio, (I'll get a pic when the snow is off, it's incredible too) and then we put an acid base stain to it then clear coat sealed it. I really like how it looks and when it's all tied in to the rest of the house, log, stone, bar etc.. I'm looking forward to it. Here's another pic.

Now, when he gave me a price for the patio, he never mentioned the bar so I went ahead and did it sight unseen. I was worried what he was going to charge me as the patio, stained and stamped was more than my larger garage. From what I understand, it can cost in upwards of $3K for a whole kitchen and a friend of Ben's said that would have probably cost me around $1.5K or more. All said and done, with my help, it was free for me with a "horse" trade.

mauser06, thanks captn. We're all still here too.

Thanks ZachCL.

lol wallhanger, late start too huh? Let's call it a late winter, pre spring project that will likely extend through summer and next winter.

Siman (and wallhanger) How about some pics.

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Rob, that counter top looks fantastic! Maybe one day I'll actually get toenjoy a beer on it. The whole thing is lookin good bud.
Thanks Andy, I hope so too.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The top looks like it was ground and polished. Thats a cool idea. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

The top looks like it was ground and polished. Thats a cool idea. Thanks for the info.
It's actually neat the little tricks you can do with it.

Like let's say you want blue in it, what they do is drop granules of Miracle Grow and it dissolves into the concrete with the acid, red, they drop granules of fertilizer and so on.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Looking good Rob...But I sure hope you're not pressing your bows in that red press...
LOL Pat, notice in that same picture, on the far left hanging left of my hip quiver, it's a WWAG press.

Now I see it...I just hope you're not using either of themon yourcenter pivot bows...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Looking good Rob...But I sure hope you're not pressing your bows in that red press...
LOL Pat, notice in that same picture, on the far left hanging left of my hip quiver, it's a WWAG press.

Now I see it...I just hope you're not using either of themon yourcenter pivot bows...
Now they are not necessary for the CP bows that I have now are they? Ya'll taught us/me better than that.

Quick Reply: Speaking of Man Caves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.