Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow help

Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default New bow help

I'm in the market for a new bow and i was looking at the mathews reezen, hoyt alphamax, bowtech admiral. the only problem is i only have a bowtech dealer close so it will be hard to shoot all 3 and was wondering what you guys thought of these bows and do they shoot quiet, any vibration or hand shock. thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New bow help

I shot all 3 of those and a few others. I have shot Hoyt best and in past and that continued with the AMax. For shock to ME I would put in the order of AMax, Admiral Reezen 6.5. I think all are very quiet and I don't think the couple of db's difference will matter to a deer at all.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

when you say you put them in order is the amax the smoothest or does it have the most shock and how about the weight of the bows and draw cycles.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer hunter 21

when you say you put them in order is the amax the smoothest or does it have the most shock and how about the weight of the bows and draw cycles.
That is from least to most shock but seriously there just is not a huge difference. All are very nice high end bows. I have just found that I shoot some bows better than others that is why I continue to try so many different ones every year.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not shot the Admiral, so I cannot comment on it. I have shot the Alphamax and the Reezen and I believe the Alphamax is a better bow. I like the draw cycle better and without a doubt it has less hand shock. IMHO, the Reezen is not nearly the bow that the DXT is and I feel that Mathews has taken a step back with this year's line (I have not shot the Monster yet). You might want to consider the Mathews DXT, if low hand shock and a smooth draw cycle is high on your priority list, you will not find a bow that will beat the DXT in these areas.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

i have an 09 swat and love it. Very little vibration if any to me. Quiet and overall a great bow. Everybody is different so choose the one you like best.