Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING... >

MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING...

Old 02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WKP's Bow Buck

Well Mark Are you going to reveal the winners.[:-]
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm with you Todd. I've never scored one and never will. The only thing I score is field dressed weight. I just am not into scores. If someone is, that's fine by me... but I don't do it either. Haven't for 50 years and see no sense in starting now. Great buck you got there. Looks like losts of tasty backstraps in that bad boy. Either he's a moose or you're a runt. LOL
Old 02-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Winner will be posted next Sunday...

After seeing the buck I gave him 160 points...

Now, if Shed33 would break his silence and give us the score on his buck (if he got one) it would turn the fantasy teams upside down again!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Now, if Shed33 would break his silence and give us the score on his buck (if he got one) it would turn the fantasy teams upside down again!

Everyone else entered their bucks by the same set or rules to be included in your contest. The deer were to be scored by the same standards as the bowhunting contest.

Not that it really matters to me (I know my team is not in the running for 1st place)... But I will not partake in any of your games anymore if this is how you run them (inconsistent to the stated rules)....

No wait... Next time I will just pick some guys off of Monster Bucks TV and have you score them via pictures.... My team will be unstoppable!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh my.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Everyone else entered their bucks by the same set or rules to be included in your contest. The deer were to be scored by the same standards as the bowhunting contest.

Not that it really matters to me (I know my team is not in the running for 1st place)... But I will not partake in any of your games anymore if this is how you run them (inconsistent to the stated rules)....

No wait... Next time I will just pick some guys off of Monster Bucks TV and have you score them via pictures.... My team will be unstoppable!
The original post was:

"Everyone out there build a "Dream Team" and e-mail me your team. Over the bow season, I'll keep track of the scores for the deer members of your team take. At the end of the season, we'll see who built the winning team.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Each team will consist of 5 members;
2. You have to be on your own team;
3. You cannot tell anyone who you put on your team;
4. One entry per forum member;
5. All entries must be received by August 1, 2008 or the first 40 teams whichever comes first;
6. In the case that one of your team members does not/cannot hunt, you cannot substitute another member; and
7. Winning team gets, uh, let's see, how 'bout BRAGGING RIGHTS!

What do y'all think of that? "

Todd sent photo on his ONLY bow buck and I can see that it would easily score 160+. He was not involved in this contest or the bowhunting contest.

So where's the problem?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeye

The original post was:

"Everyone out there build a "Dream Team" and e-mail me your team. Over the bow season, I'll keep track of the scores for the deer members of your team take. At the end of the season, we'll see who built the winning team.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Each team will consist of 5 members;
2. You have to be on your own team;
3. You cannot tell anyone who you put on your team;
4. One entry per forum member;
5. All entries must be received by August 1, 2008 or the first 40 teams whichever comes first;
6. In the case that one of your team members does not/cannot hunt, you cannot substitute another member; and
7. Winning team gets, uh, let's see, how 'bout BRAGGING RIGHTS!

What do y'all think of that? "

Todd sent photo on his ONLY bow buck and I can see that it would easily score 160+. He was not involved in this contest or the bowhunting contest.

So where's the problem?
I agree, if it's not scored properly, it shouldn't be allowed in. I could have easily said that I refused to score my buck, you guess at it and it may have scored 10" higher than it should. My buck's photo looks much higher than it scores. What if someone is within inches of said score. Estimations should not be considered in. I agree with Scott.

We certainly could not run the contest with estimations only.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do we know that ANY buck was scored properly other than those entered by either official P&Y or B&C scorers?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

How do we know that ANY buck was scored properly other than those entered by either official P&Y or B&C scorers?
The breakdown of the score provides enough evidence for many of the scorers on these forums to pick out discrepancies. IMO

I just look at it this way, it's for fun however what if, let's say JOE gets beat by 2" because of Todd's estimation buck when let's say that Todd's buck really scores 155" and not 160". That's not fair to JOE nor anyone else not anyone else who followed the rules set forth by the contest.

I know Todd didn't enter this contest, he didn't ask to be picked but he was and in all honesty it shouldn't count.

Now, to be fair to those that may have picked Todd, I say randomly draw a name out of all the bucks entered for a replacement. Or not, it's your contest. No real way to call it "fair" since Todd doesn't feel it's respectful to score a bucks antlers.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can the rest of us ask our team mates to "estimate" the size of their bucks and forget about the actual score?

Answer that question and you'll have your answer here.

Quick Reply: MEANINGLESS THREAD ABOUT NOTHING...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.