Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My dads Red Fox (Cross) >

My dads Red Fox (Cross)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My dads Red Fox (Cross)

Old 02-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My dads Red Fox (Cross)

Old 02-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Banned

beautiful fox!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is one of the darkest foxes I have ever seen. Congrats to your dad. I'd love to meet this guy some day!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

That is one of the darkest foxes I have ever seen. Congrats to your dad. I'd love to meet this guy some day!
The 3 of us will get together on a whitetail hunt yet. I'd love to hear you and dad swap buck hunting Idea's and tactics being you both hunt mature bucks allot the same way and have had good success doing It. It would be one hell of an adventure and learning experience for myself hunting with the likes of you both at the same time.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

The 3 of us will get together on a whitetail hunt yet. I'd love to hear you and dad swap buck hunting Idea's and tactics being you both hunt mature bucks allot the same way and have had good success doing It. It would be one hell of an adventure and learning experience for myself hunting with the likes of you both at the same time.
I agree Steve, I'd like to be sitting around that campfire!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool looking fox Steve. I had a couple regular Red Fox in shooting range this year and let them walk. I may yet get back after them. Also had a completely blonde Yote in shooting range at the beginning of season. I should have never let him walk.[:@]

LT
Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations to your Dad, Schultzy... you probably know, but that's where I've been spending most of my time over the last few months (trapping and on all the trapping boards)... nice catch!

Be sure to check out other predators that taxi has done before... $300 or so seems pretty cheap to me, andthere are VERY few taxis who can get a predator's face right -- VERY. It'd be worth it to pay another $200 if you had to so it'd be done right the rest of your life and so you wouldn't feel like you wasted $300. Not saying that's the case, but I've seen a LOT of poorly mounted predators.

In fact, my own taxi firmly believes you shouldn't even be allowed to mount one for a customer until you've trapped for over 10 years and had all that time to sit down just outside the catch circle and study them up close and personal.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand what your saying Greg. It makes me a tad nervous too, I sure hope the price doesn't reflect his work.

In fact, my own taxi firmly believes you shouldn't even be allowed to mount one for a customer until you've trapped for over 10 years and had all that time to sit down just outside the catch circle and study them up close and personal.
Very good point here also!!